Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

Old May 12th 2017, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

zenjabba has a reputation beyond reputezenjabba has a reputation beyond reputezenjabba has a reputation beyond reputezenjabba has a reputation beyond reputezenjabba has a reputation beyond reputezenjabba has a reputation beyond reputezenjabba has a reputation beyond reputezenjabba has a reputation beyond reputezenjabba has a reputation beyond reputezenjabba has a reputation beyond reputezenjabba has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

Originally Posted by aussie04
Ram - did you had E3 renewed after you made application for GC ?
I140 is the company.. It has nothing to do specifically with you so wont affect your renewal.

It's the I485 that makes life a little more tricky, but honestly once you have lodged the I485, you just run off the EAD that comes with the I485.
Old May 12th 2017, 8:02 pm
Just Joined

aussie04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zenjabba
I140 is the company.. It has nothing to do specifically with you so wont affect your renewal.

It's the I485 that makes life a little more tricky, but honestly once you have lodged the I485, you just run off the EAD that comes with the I485.
HI Zenjabba,

When I file DS-160 there is a question did someone submitted a permanent petition on your behalf, I heard after I-140 approval the answer is yes.

Will that jeopardize the renewal process ?

Have you had E3 renewed after I-140 approved or know some one who did it and no issues ?

thanks for response.
Old May 12th 2017, 10:07 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aussie04
I heard after I-140 approval the answer is yes.
The answer is yes even before approval.

Will that jeopardize the renewal process ?
No.

Ian
Old May 15th 2017, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

Dpaks is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Anyone attend a E3 visa interview in the Melbourne consulate recently ? if so how easy was it to get an appointment ? the website says 23 calendar days to get an appointment, is this accurate ? also, how long did it take to get your passport back ?
Thank you,
Regards,
Deepak
Old May 15th 2017, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

aussie04 is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you.
Old May 16th 2017, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

totocol is an unknown quantity at this point

G'day everyone,

I was reading through the threads but couldn't find someone with a similar question.

I'm getting a promotion one year into my E3. We were already planning to go back to Australia so I thought that maybe it was a good idea to try and renew for another 2 years when we go and under the new role. Duties are similar but with more responsibilities and higher pay. We are not wanting to go back again next year just to renew the visa.

We were thinking of applying for an LCA amendment that also included an extension and then renewing the visas based on that amended LCA when we g back to OZ in a couple of months so we do not have to go back again next year. There seem to be some mixed stories about renewal processes closer to the US and my wife also hopes not to have to stop working (I imagine that if we renew the visa close to the date it expires she would need a new work authorization that could take again 3 months?)

My questions:

- Has anyone processed an LCA with an amendment as well as an extension in the same process?

- Has anyone renewed their E3 1 year into a role without changing employers?

Thanks for all your input!
Old May 23rd 2017, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Sevusal is an unknown quantity at this point

question in Green Card, not sure if this is the right thread.
i am on E3 and got a job offer from another employer.
the new employer refused to start my green card unless i switched to H1B as E3 is not a dual intent visa.
has any recently been able to apply for GC while still being on E3?
Old May 23rd 2017, 10:39 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sevusal
the new employer refused to start my green card unless i switched to H1B as E3 is not a dual intent visa.
Your new employer is an idiot. With only a few exceptions, all visas allow for dual intent... whether specifically noted or not. This is to say that just because dual intent is not specifically noted, it doesn't follow that dual intent is specifically prohibited. Have your employer speak to an experienced immigration lawyer... he might actually learn something!

Ian
Old May 23rd 2017, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

Sevusal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Your new employer is an idiot. With only a few exceptions, all visas allow for dual intent... whether specifically noted or not. This is to say that just because dual intent is not specifically noted, it doesn't follow that dual intent is specifically prohibited. Have your employer speak to an experienced immigration lawyer... he might actually learn something!

Ian
i agree but unfortunately this was with the employer's lawyer firm (Immigration Law Group). its frustrating! Thanks!
Old Jul 6th 2017, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

sfe3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I recently scheduled in my E3 interview using the DS-160 application ID. I'm waiting for my LCA to be approved before I finally submit the form and wanted to know if this will cause any issues?

Also, does anyone know when will be the last day to submit this?

Thank you!!
Old Jul 10th 2017, 9:19 pm
Just Joined

JohnGB is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sfe3
Hi all,

I recently scheduled in my E3 interview using the DS-160 application ID. I'm waiting for my LCA to be approved before I finally submit the form and wanted to know if this will cause any issues?

Also, does anyone know when will be the last day to submit this?

Thank you!!
Hi,

I recently scheduled my E3 Visa appointment in Sydney for September. I am renewing my E3 and booked the appointment before completing the LCA or DS-160. Apparently this isn't an issue and you can book the appointment without any of the accompanying docs as long as you have them before the interview. I have seen a lot of people saying you cannot schedule and appointment until the LCA is approved etc. which is clearly not true everywhere. Perhaps it depends on the consulate...

Also, another question someone may be able to answer. My visa expires in October and i'm planning to renew and fly back in September.. Can I make the commencement date of the visa the day i fly back to the US or do I have to make it the date i submit the LCA?

Thanks
Old Aug 28th 2017, 11:00 am
Just Joined

kaimmy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi! Could someone please advise! My husbands e3/ my e3D don't expire until August 2018 however we have both recently had our passports expire and got new ones so our latest i94 date aligns to the date our old passports expired which for both is Dec 2017. My EAD Expiration date therefore also aligns with this Dec 2017 date. What are my options? Do we need to leave the country/reenter on our new passports to extend i94 and then I have to apply for another EAD ( which seems extreme as it will only be valid until Aug 2018 when our visas expire) or is there an easier more feasibe option. I saw you can apply to extend i94 but that looks to also cost.
Thanks in advace.
Old Aug 28th 2017, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

zenjabba has a reputation beyond reputezenjabba has a reputation beyond reputezenjabba has a reputation beyond reputezenjabba has a reputation beyond reputezenjabba has a reputation beyond reputezenjabba has a reputation beyond reputezenjabba has a reputation beyond reputezenjabba has a reputation beyond reputezenjabba has a reputation beyond reputezenjabba has a reputation beyond reputezenjabba has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kaimmy
Hi! Could someone please advise! My husbands e3/ my e3D don't expire until August 2018 however we have both recently had our passports expire and got new ones so our latest i94 date aligns to the date our old passports expired which for both is Dec 2017. My EAD Expiration date therefore also aligns with this Dec 2017 date. What are my options? Do we need to leave the country/reenter on our new passports to extend i94 and then I have to apply for another EAD ( which seems extreme as it will only be valid until Aug 2018 when our visas expire) or is there an easier more feasibe option. I saw you can apply to extend i94 but that looks to also cost.
Thanks in advace.
You can also try going to Deferred Inspection and tell them you have a new passport and would like to extend your E3/D. They may allow it, but most likely you need to make a trip up-to canada or mexico and get it reset for another 2 years in total.
Old Aug 28th 2017, 11:20 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by kaimmy
What are my options?
As you note, you must leave the US and re-enter prior to December 2017 in order to get a new I-94. A day trip to Canada or Mexico (or the Bahamas if you prefer) will do the trick. So long as your visa is valid, you must carry both passports when you travel outside the US.

My EAD Expiration date therefore also aligns with this Dec 2017 date.
When your current EAD expires, you must stop working until such time as you get a new EAD.

Although it's water under the bridge now, you probably should have gotten new passports before you got the visas! Overall, it would have been less frustrating!

Ian
Old Aug 31st 2017, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

Druti75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I am on E3 visa, my spouse on E3D.He has an EAD and currently working Full time but thinking of changing from E3D to E3 provided his company is willing to sponsor E3 for him. We are looking at 2 options either COS which I am not sure how long it will take or go to a consulate outside USA.
We had our first renewal of E3 in July 2016 within USA (through USCIS) and next renewal would be in July/2018.
I have few questions.
1. If his company applies for E3 (through change of status) will he have to immediately give up his E3D and EAD or can he be on E3D status and continue working for his company with EAD until he gets his E3 approved?
2. How much time would it take for COS from E3D to E3 within USA (apologies I did ask this question earlier and Ian mentioned 3-4 months, but if any one else has experienced the same situation please mention).
3. His companies immigration department says he has to go to Australia for E3 visa stamping as it will be his first time E3, is that true? can he not go to Canada? and if he has to go to consulate outside USA is there any time constraint he has to get all this process done?
4. As we have renewed our E3 through USCIS, if he has to go out of the country for E3 stamping and for some reason he did not get E3 , can he apply new E3D on my current E3 basis and enter the country, does he have to apply new EAD?

Please advise. Any information would be much appreciated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.