Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

Old Aug 1st 2014, 11:16 pm
Just Joined

auschamp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

Guys any one got approved with E3 visa(Change of employer) from consulate in Canada? If yes, can some one please let me know which one has history of approvals :-)

Please share the experience.
Old Aug 1st 2014, 11:17 pm
Just Joined

auschamp is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by e3geek
Hello, I have a situation here and thought discuss with people here on BE. I applied for a new E3 last week in Sydney and got a 221(g). That application is still in process. Can I travel on my existing E3 and stay in US until my application in in AP?
I am not sure about this. But to the best of my knowledge, if your New E3 is rejected you wont be able to use the OLD E3 to enter USA.
Old Aug 2nd 2014, 2:01 am
BE Enthusiast

e3geek is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by auschamp
I am not sure about this. But to the best of my knowledge, if your New E3 is rejected you wont be able to use the OLD E3 to enter USA.
Well They haven't cancelled the previous one.
Old Aug 2nd 2014, 2:30 am
Forum Regular

docnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of light

I went to Sydney for a new E3 last week. They asked for my resume which I didnt have handy. BAM! Got a 221(g).
Was this for an E3 or an E3R? (ie, same employer, or new employer?)

Do you have a suitable degree, or did you get in on years of experience?
Old Aug 2nd 2014, 2:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by docnetau
Was this for an E3 or an E3R? (ie, same employer, or new employer?)

Do you have a suitable degree, or did you get in on years of experience?
It was a new employer and I have a Bachelors and a Masters degree. Both are very relevant.
Old Aug 2nd 2014, 11:25 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Well They haven't cancelled the previous one.
... that you know of! They aren't obligated to tell you.

Ian
Old Aug 2nd 2014, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
... that you know of! They aren't obligated to tell you.

Ian
I got my passport back when he gave me the 221g letter. There is no cancellation stamp on it. Can it still be cancelled?
Old Aug 3rd 2014, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

economy_1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, I have a situation here and thought discuss with people here on BE. I applied for a new E3 last week in Sydney and got a 221(g). That application is still in process. Can I travel on my existing E3 and stay in US until my application in in AP?
Normally they cancel the old E3 or H1B visa inside passport, when you apply for new visa.Lot of people process employer change through USCIS considering such AP processing.

Last edited by economy_1; Aug 3rd 2014 at 6:20 am.
Old Aug 3rd 2014, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

economy_1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I got my passport back when he gave me the 221g letter. There is no cancellation stamp on it. Can it still be cancelled?
They always give passport back and ask for passport when AP is completed.Will you be traveling back to Australia to provide your passport as AP is completed. It might be cancelled in their system there is a risk of denied entry (at port of entry).

Last edited by economy_1; Aug 3rd 2014 at 6:26 am.
Old Aug 4th 2014, 11:49 pm
Just Joined

Auckmarty is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by docnetau
They can simply apply for a new LCA with the longer dates. LCA's are free (baring any legal/etc costs if they use an external party to do it), and it'll add an extra week while you wait for it to be approved, but otherwise there's no reason not to re-submit.

I've had this happen once (company I was working for was acquired, and when they did the new LCA for the new company they used the same end date as for the initial LCA so it only had ~9 months remaining). I made my appointment using that LCA number, had them re-submit, and got the new one just before I was about to hop on my flight to Australia for the interview! If you do this, remember to update the LCA number on the DS160 before you go in the for interview!
So I had them resubmit the form and redo the dates for a full 2 years (sept-2014 to sept-2016.) There's even an option to change a previously approved application on the form.

So now I will start a 401(k) in the US and have a superannuation fund in 3 countries. Fun. At least super between Australia and NZ is transferable, but I guess I'm stuck with the US.

Is it advised to set up a 401(k) fund, especially if I don't know if I am going to the US permanently? Is there tax breaks to do so? Don't know what to do.
Old Aug 5th 2014, 2:05 am
Just Joined

nicche is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

So I am currently on an E3 visa, but just gave my 2 weeks notice. My husband is on the L1 inter-company transfer visa and I would like to change to the spousal visa, the L2.

Questions:

1. Can I change to the L2 visa from the E3 without leaving the USA?
2. If not, how long does the L2 visa application process take? I keep seeing 90 days on various info sites, but that seems much longer than it has taken for the other visas I have applied for (J1, E3, B2)
3. Does US immigration know that I have quit my job? Do they see it in their system somewhere? If I try to leave the country after my 10 day grace period is up, will they ban me from re-entering?

Really appreciate any advice or info!! Thank you.
Old Aug 5th 2014, 2:56 am
Forum Regular

Intelligent is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

I got couple of question to ask

1. Any idea about the current appointment dates at Canada(Toronto) or Barbados
2. My wife is still on Australian PR, if I need go to Canada for E3 renewal, I know, I need to get a visit visa for her. Does anyone know how long(how many days) does it take to get an Canadian Tourist visa
3. If we plan to go Barbados, does anyone know, if I can get a visa on arrival for my wife. if not how long(how many days) does it take to get an Barbados Tourist visa

Thanks in Advance
Old Aug 5th 2014, 2:58 am
Forum Regular

Intelligent is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

I got couple of question to ask

1. Any idea about the current appointment dates at Canada(Toronto) or Barbados
2. My wife is still on Australian PR, if I need go to Canada for E3 renewal(new employer), I know, I need to get a visit visa for her. Does anyone know how long(how many days) does it take to get an Canadian Tourist visa
3. If we plan to go Barbados, does anyone know, if I can get a visa on arrival for my wife. if not how long(how many days) does it take to get an Barbados Tourist visa

Thanks in Advance
Old Aug 5th 2014, 12:19 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Auckmarty
Is it advised to set up a 401(k) fund, especially if I don't know if I am going to the US permanently? Is there tax breaks to do so? Don't know what to do.
These questions are not immigration related. Perhaps a moderator can move them elsewhere.

Ian
Old Aug 5th 2014, 12:26 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by nicche
Can I change to the L2 visa from the E3 without leaving the USA?
You can't actually get a visa while inside the US... but you can change to L-2 status from inside the US. You will need proof of your spouse's valid L-1 visa and a copy of your marriage certificate. If you want to work, you must then apply for an EAD. If you leave the US for any reason whatsoever, you must then appear at a US Consulate to get the actual L-2 visa in your passport before returning to the US.

Does US immigration know that I have quit my job?
Probably not... but you must assume they know - since it's the only safe course of action.

If I try to leave the country after my 10 day grace period is up, will they ban me from re-entering?
They won't ban you, no... but they probably won't let you enter.

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.