E-3 Visa 2010 Running Thread

Old Feb 1st 2010, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

docnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: E-3 Visa 2010 Running Thread

Originally Posted by westaussiegirl
Due to money and time constraints im looking at going to Vancouver for my interview. Just wanting to know latest experiences with Vancouver and how long it took to get your passport back? and also could u pick it up?
Don't know about Vancouver, but I can definitely recommend Calgary. Air fares were about the same as to Vancouver when I went (from SFO), and my passport was available for pickup the next morning. They get a lot of Aussie/E3's there, so they know the process well (as I'm sure they do in Vancouver).
Old Feb 1st 2010, 7:15 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... can he still get a E3-D visa if we get married after I get my E3 visa.
Yes. The E3-D is a dependent visa... all that's required is proof of your E3 visa and a copy of your marriage certificate.

Also can my fiancé (future husband) have two visas the O-1 and E3-D.
Yes, he can have both... *BUT* he can only enter the US on one of those visas (ie - a single status, either E or O) and he is bound by the terms of that specific visa.

Reason for my questions is if for example I lost my job obviously his E3D would expire but could he continue working on his 0-1 and then I apply for being a dependant on his visa.
Because of what I wrote above, he would need to exit the US and reenter so as to be admitted on the O-1 via (assuming it's still valid at that time)... but yes, you could then re-enter the US as his dependent.

Ian
Old Feb 1st 2010, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

westaussiegirl is just really nicewestaussiegirl is just really nicewestaussiegirl is just really nicewestaussiegirl is just really nicewestaussiegirl is just really nicewestaussiegirl is just really nicewestaussiegirl is just really nicewestaussiegirl is just really nice

Great. Thank you so much for the replies. very helpful!
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 12:16 am
Just Joined

saran is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

Also one last question. I am currently engaged and plan to marry later in the yr. My boyfriend (also and aussie) is on an approvedO-1 (actors visa). Once we are married he is thinking he will apply for the E3-D visa as his current visa restricts him to acting only and we could use the extra income of him on a casual job aswell as his acting roles. My questions are can he still get a E3-D visa if we get married after I get my E3 visa. Or should we be married before I apply for my E3. (I hope this not the case as have my wedding planned for next summer in aus)
Thanks for your time.
I can answer this question. It does not matter if you marry him now or later. If you marry him before you go for a E3 visa, you both can go together with your Marriage Certificate and few marriage photos and you get E3 and your spouse gets E3D in one shot.
If you go for E3 visa first and then get married, your spouse can simply take a copy of your passport, your E3 visa, marriage cert, some marriage photos along with his visa application to the consulate and get his E3D stamped.

Either way it is not a big deal.

....Saran
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 12:30 am
Just Joined

saran is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

Also can my fiancé (future husband) have two visas the O-1 and E3-D. Reason for my questions is if for example I lost my job obviously his E3D would expire but could he continue working on his 0-1 and then I apply for being a dependant on his visa.

Thanks for your time.
You better ask a qualified attorney about this question.
As far as I know, when you enter U.S, the POE officer checks your visa category, issues you a I-94 and enters the Visa category and I-94 expiry date into his System (USCIS). I guess this decides what visa status you are in the U.S. If you would like to change your status, I guess you either need to re-enter U.S or perhaps you might apply for a change of status (I don't know what application you would use here) with the USCIS.

The other thing you could do, if your spouse is also an Australian Citizen, you both can apply for your own E3 Visas independently. Lets say if you loose your job, you can switch to E3D by just going to a consulate in Canada and vice versa.

Which ever method you choose, please bear in mind that if a person is on E3 visa and looses his/her job, they should leave U.S within 10 days, unless they find a new job and the new employer files for a change of employer application with the USCIS within the 10 day limit.

.....Saran
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

If he's an actor, it's doubtful he'd fit the "skilled professional" category for E3.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

docnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by augigi
If he's an actor, it's doubtful he'd fit the "skilled professional" category for E3.
E3-D doesn't require you to be a "skilled professional", it just requires you to be married to someone that has an E3.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 4:27 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by docnetau
E3-D doesn't require you to be a "skilled professional", it just requires you to be married to someone that has an E3.
You didn't actually read the last few comments did you... because if you did, why would you have written this?

Ian

Last edited by ian-mstm; Feb 2nd 2010 at 4:29 pm.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 6:22 pm
Just Joined

westaussiegirl is just really nicewestaussiegirl is just really nicewestaussiegirl is just really nicewestaussiegirl is just really nicewestaussiegirl is just really nicewestaussiegirl is just really nicewestaussiegirl is just really nicewestaussiegirl is just really nice

he was unable to get the E-3 for acting. As you need a related degree and i dont think its possible visa for acting?? (not sure on that if u have an acting degree) He had to get an O-1 which was a very long process, with filling a petition and showing x amount of work ect.
while he can work for multiple clients he is restricted to acting. which is why we are thinking once we are married next summer he might look at getting the E3-D so that he can get a casual job for some extra income. As i will be sponsered on an E3 for my job.

Thanks everyone for your input.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 3:10 am
Just Joined

maks007 is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with Ian
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by docnetau
Duh. I was responding to saran's comment right before mine, stating that he could get his own E3.
Old Feb 8th 2010, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

bjih is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Locations to obtain new E-3

Time flies... my E-3 will expire in July.

I have the same issue that has come up on the thread a number of times. I went back to Brisneyland for a month over Christmas/NYE and upon my return through LAX was issued an I-94 with an additional 2 years from my entry date.

So based on what I've read. When my E-3 expires, I don't have to fly to Canada/ Bahamas etc to get a new E-3 - If i don't have plans on leaving the US for a while after my E-3 expires, then I just need my employer to complete and file (electronically) a new LCA?

Confirmation would be great.

Also... has anyone had experience getting an E-3 issues outside the usual places (Australia, Canada, Bahamas, Mexico, London)? Has anyone here picked up an E-3 in South America (Bogota perhaps)?

Last edited by bjih; Feb 8th 2010 at 2:40 pm.
Old Feb 8th 2010, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

luckydog is just really niceluckydog is just really niceluckydog is just really niceluckydog is just really niceluckydog is just really niceluckydog is just really niceluckydog is just really niceluckydog is just really nice

Yesterday I returned from Canada and had my I-94 dated until 10 days after the expiry of my E3. I asked the officer why he did that date and he explained that I have 10 days to leave the country after the expiry of the E3. On most occasions I get a full two years regardless of when the E3 expires.
I guess I finally got someone that really seems to know the rules.
Old Feb 8th 2010, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by luckydog
I guess I finally got someone that really seems to know the rules.
It's really just as likely that he made that up on the spot. There is no "rule" that you have 10 days to leave immediately that I've ever read. It seems to be that you're supposed to leave in a 'reasonable' time afterwards - that's all in the interpretation.
Old Feb 8th 2010, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

luckydog is just really niceluckydog is just really niceluckydog is just really niceluckydog is just really niceluckydog is just really niceluckydog is just really niceluckydog is just really niceluckydog is just really nice

Originally Posted by augigi
It's really just as likely that he made that up on the spot. There is no "rule" that you have 10 days to leave immediately that I've ever read. It seems to be that you're supposed to leave in a 'reasonable' time afterwards - that's all in the interpretation.

I am just going by the FAQ on the US Consulate Website in Canberra that says you must leave within 10 days of your visa expiring.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.