E-3 Visa 2010 Running Thread

Old Jan 7th 2010, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E-3 Visa 2009 Thread

What do you mean by petition? A new LCA? Or is there a particular form to file?
Old Jan 8th 2010, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

emartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by augigi
What do you mean by petition? A new LCA? Or is there a particular form to file?
The employer should file a new I-129, including a new LCA.
Old Jan 9th 2010, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Barbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E-3 Visa 2010 Running Thread

Folks,
Does it make any difference if one applies from say Sydney or does it through the US consulate in Canada? I mean historically have we ever had any higher chance of denial from either of these places?

Cheers,
Old Jan 9th 2010, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

You are meant to apply from your home country. Canada doesn't have to process visas for third party nationals. Having said that, a bunch of people here have done it with no problem. Probably a question for the individual consulate.

It would make a difference if it was just a straightforward application, or renewal, or if you had issues relating to the application/security checks etc I imagine.
Old Jan 9th 2010, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

nani is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Everyone: I started a new thread just for discussing E3 extension, COS, etc processing times with USCIS (Vermont Servicing Center). Please post your experiences in the following thread so that we can keep track of the actual processing times rather than depend on the uscis website, which tend to be way off most of the time.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...18#post8232718

Last edited by nani; Jan 9th 2010 at 7:24 pm. Reason: Link was not working so re-trying!
Old Jan 9th 2010, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

nani is an unknown quantity at this point

For some reason the above is not working, so I will try again. Follow this link to the E3 processing times thread:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...18#post8232718
Old Jan 11th 2010, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

ads_LA is an unknown quantity at this point

Regarding the question above about Non-Australian consulates processing renewals/change of employers/new VISA applications...

My first and foremost advice would be to contact the consulate you are applying at. I was getting mixed information on the web regarding whether or not I could process my E3 VISA with a new employer at a consulate outside of Australia.

I called the consulate that I was applying at, spoke to a consulate employee, explained my situation. Initially he did not know the answer and had to put me on hold while he discussed with a supervisor. He came back on the line and told me I was fine to apply at his consulate.

Having said that everyone's situation is different and I would suggest contacting your consulate with your case and see what they say.

One thing I know for sure is that if I am on the VWP and just got a job I cannot apply for a new E3 in Canada/Mexico (you need to make a 'meaningful departure' e.g. cross a large body of water)

My rule of thumb: New E-3 (never had one before or transferring from H1-B/etc) just go back to Australia... In all other circumstances contact the consulate (this is tricky but with persistence it can be done!)
Old Jan 12th 2010, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Barbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks very good points!

Originally Posted by ads_LA
Regarding the question above about Non-Australian consulates processing renewals/change of employers/new VISA applications...

My first and foremost advice would be to contact the consulate you are applying at. I was getting mixed information on the web regarding whether or not I could process my E3 VISA with a new employer at a consulate outside of Australia.

I called the consulate that I was applying at, spoke to a consulate employee, explained my situation. Initially he did not know the answer and had to put me on hold while he discussed with a supervisor. He came back on the line and told me I was fine to apply at his consulate.

Having said that everyone's situation is different and I would suggest contacting your consulate with your case and see what they say.

One thing I know for sure is that if I am on the VWP and just got a job I cannot apply for a new E3 in Canada/Mexico (you need to make a 'meaningful departure' e.g. cross a large body of water)

My rule of thumb: New E-3 (never had one before or transferring from H1-B/etc) just go back to Australia... In all other circumstances contact the consulate (this is tricky but with persistence it can be done!)
Old Jan 13th 2010, 12:06 am
Just Joined

luckydog is just really niceluckydog is just really niceluckydog is just really niceluckydog is just really niceluckydog is just really niceluckydog is just really niceluckydog is just really niceluckydog is just really nice

Originally Posted by augigi
Where on earth did you get that information? My I-94 has never been the same as the visa expiration date. Initially, it was the same as the LCA expiration date (earlier than visa expiration date..), then each time I re-entered the country, they added 2 years on.

Border officers can choose whatever date they want to stamp. That doesn't mean that it's not still your responsibility to maintain your visa conditions or stop working when the visa expires.
I have to agree. I just came back to the US last Friday, I have 1 year left on my E3 and they gave me 2 years on my I-94.

As I have said before it really depends on who you get on the day, some officials know their stuff, some don't and some don't really care.
Old Jan 13th 2010, 1:30 am
Just Joined

bhaliya is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Experts,
I have got my E3 renewal recently. but, last week I have been offered a new job and I would like to go to Canada and get a new E3 visa for the new job. I need to start with my new employer really quickly and I need to get my visa as quickly as possible. so, experts, which US consulate is the easiest to get a visa appointment? BTW, I live in New York City.

second part of the question. do I have to get new E3D visas for my spouse and kids or can they stay on the same visa as they are on dependent visa anyway?

your thoughts are highly regarded.

Thank You,
bhaliya
Old Jan 13th 2010, 1:42 am
Just Joined

ads_LA is an unknown quantity at this point

I have got my E3 renewal recently. but, last week I have been offered a new job and I would like to go to Canada and get a new E3 visa for the new job. I need to start with my new employer really quickly and I need to get my visa as quickly as possible. so, experts, which US consulate is the easiest to get a visa appointment? BTW, I live in New York City.
Hi there! Sounds like your situation is highly similar to mine. I recently renewed my E-3 VISA with my current employer (via USCIS and submitting an I-129) only to find a new job a few months after.

I decided to go to Tijuana to get a 'new' E-3 VISA for my new employer after having very limited success with finding an interview at short notice at ANY of the Canadian consulates. However considering the New York City location I'd try and get an appointment at Toronto or Montreal ASAP.

If I were you I'd check out https://www.nvars.com/Production/userhome.aspx and see what kind of appointment you can get in Canada (you don't have to pay to view appointment availability).

Let me know if you have any other questions, I'd be more than happy to answer them to the best of my ability.
Old Jan 13th 2010, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

saran is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bhaliya
Hi Experts,

second part of the question. do I have to get new E3D visas for my spouse and kids or can they stay on the same visa as they are on dependent visa anyway?

your thoughts are highly regarded.

Thank You,
bhaliya
For second question:
Yes, each time you renew your E3 visa or change employer and get a new Visa, you need to apply for new E3D for your spouse and then a new EAD if she would like to work. I know its a pain.
Old Jan 13th 2010, 10:36 pm
Just Joined

stark has much to be proud ofstark has much to be proud ofstark has much to be proud ofstark has much to be proud ofstark has much to be proud ofstark has much to be proud ofstark has much to be proud ofstark has much to be proud ofstark has much to be proud ofstark has much to be proud ofstark has much to be proud of

I'm not sure if this has been posted before?

If you're wondering about the number of E3 visas issued...

VISA : . E3. : .E3D : E3R
2009 : 2191 : 1421 : 0561
2008 : 2961 : 1568 : 0114
2007 : 2572 : 1368 : 0006
2006 : 1918 : 1053 : 0000
2005 : 0004 : 0003 : 0000
Year : Quantity

http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/FY09...TableXVI_B.pdf
Old Jan 14th 2010, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

bhaliya is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank You ads_LA and saran for quick reply....

Originally Posted by ads_LA
I decided to go to Tijuana to get a 'new' E-3 VISA for my new employer after having very limited success with finding an interview at short notice at ANY of the Canadian consulates. However considering the New York City location I'd try and get an appointment at Toronto or Montreal ASAP.
ads_LA: do you have to get entry visa to enter Mexico? I managed to get E3 visa appointment fairly easily @ Mexico City.

Thank You
bhaliya
Old Jan 14th 2010, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

docnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bhaliya
do you have to get entry visa to enter Mexico? I managed to get E3 visa appointment fairly easily @ Mexico City.
Australians generally don't need a Visa for Mexico, although obviously all of the usual precautions apply (ie, your exact circumstances and situations may be different).

Last I looked the problem with most of the Mexico consulates was that they listed very long processing times for the Visa - one of them even stated that it would take up to a month to process your request. I'm not sure if it really takes that long for an E-3, but if it does you'd be stuck in Mexico without a passport for a month...

Ottawa and a few others in Canada are nice as they are next day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.