E-3 Visa 2010 Running Thread

Old Jun 2nd 2010, 11:53 am
Busy at Work

lifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: E-3 Visa 2010 Running Thread

Originally Posted by MrBurns1980
My appointment is on the 7th of June and the lawyer has advised me to take cash and pay it at the vancouver consulate (not at Scotiabank) for the E3 visa.
Yea, it's certainly a confusing period, because at where I will be applying, it sounds like everyone has to pay either the old or new application fee at the bank first, bring the receipt, and those who didn't pay enough will pay the difference at the cashier at the consulate. However, it didn't sound like one can pay the whole amount up front at the consulate, at least at the place I'm applying. You probably want to email Vancouver to clarify this.
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 9:04 pm
Just Joined

bjih is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lifehouse51
Yea, it's certainly a confusing period, because at where I will be applying, it sounds like everyone has to pay either the old or new application fee at the bank first, bring the receipt, and those who didn't pay enough will pay the difference at the cashier at the consulate. However, it didn't sound like one can pay the whole amount up front at the consulate, at least at the place I'm applying. You probably want to email Vancouver to clarify this.
Oh man, why do I found out about this at 4pm on a Wednesday, with an appointment in Montreal on Monday morning. Ugh. A 200% increase is a bit steep.

Oh well, i'll see if I can get an appointment for Friday.
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 11:34 pm
Busy at Work

lifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bjih
Oh man, why do I found out about this at 4pm on a Wednesday, with an appointment in Montreal on Monday morning. Ugh. A 200% increase is a bit steep.

Oh well, i'll see if I can get an appointment for Friday.
Hey you should check the website of the Montreal consulate and see how they do things (Do they charge the new fee for people APPLYING on or after June 4 versus ATTENDING interview on or after June 4)
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 11:53 pm
Just Joined

bjih is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey you should check the website of the Montreal consulate and see how they do things (Do they charge the new fee for people APPLYING on or after June 4 versus ATTENDING interview on or after June 4)
No dice folks.

From what I read, it looks like they charge the new fee effective for all applications appointments beginning on (and including) Friday 04 June, 2010

For applicants for E-3 visas (Treaty Alien in a Specialty Occupation) the new visa application fee is $390.00. E-3 applicants, including spouses and children seeking E-3 visas, should pay this application fee directly to the consular office at the time of application. No deposit slip is required. Applicants should be prepared to pay this fee is US$ cash.
Transitional Fee Payment Procedures

If your visa interview appointment is before June 4, 2010, you should use the existing deposit slips for the US$ 131 fee.

The new via application fees described above are effective June 4, 2010. If your visa interview appointment is on or after that date you must pay the new fee.

Applicants who already have paid the old visa fee (US $131) at Scotia Bank, but whose visa interview appointments are on or after June 4, 2010, must pay the difference in fees at the consular office when they appear for their interviews. You should be sure to bring your stamped deposit slips with you, and you should be prepared to pay the additional fee amounts in exact change US$ cash. The additional fee will be US$ 9.00 for category B, F and J applicants. It will be US$ 19.00 for category H, L, O, P, Q and R applicants.

I could have secured the 8:30am appointment Thursday (tomorrow) and would have scraped in on the last flight from Atlanta to Montreal tonight but I still have to take a photo and finish the DS-160 and besides no Scotiabank is open until 9am. So it looks like I will pony up the extra $259.

In the end, its still a cheap visa.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 12:16 am
Busy at Work

Mine is scheduled next Monday June 7....My employer mailed out the LCA but it wouldn't get here until June 4. I'm shelling out the extra $$ too but whatever. It will actually be nice if they just let you pay directly at the consulate for the full amount in the future, but doesn't seem to be what they'll be doing at where I'm applying.
Old Jun 7th 2010, 4:26 am
Just Joined

froberts2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Two employers

I'm just about to change jobs, and will probably do it by getting a new E-3 rather than requesting a transfer (my old one is nearing expiry anyway).

However I've been asked by existing employer to continue doing some occasional work for them after I start at the new exployer - probably a few hours a week for the next few months.

Given that my LCA for employer-1 actually extends for another 4-5 months, are there any issues with still working and being paid by them, even though my (new) Visa will be in the name of employer-2 ? ie, is it the Visa itself or the existence of a valid LCA which controls who I can work for?
Old Jun 7th 2010, 4:35 am
Busy at Work

Default Re: Two employers

Originally Posted by froberts2
I'm just about to change jobs, and will probably do it by getting a new E-3 rather than requesting a transfer (my old one is nearing expiry anyway).

However I've been asked by existing employer to continue doing some occasional work for them after I start at the new exployer - probably a few hours a week for the next few months.

Given that my LCA for employer-1 actually extends for another 4-5 months, are there any issues with still working and being paid by them, even though my (new) Visa will be in the name of employer-2 ? ie, is it the Visa itself or the existence of a valid LCA which controls who I can work for?
My instinct will be that it would not be permitted. Your status is tied to the new employer after getting a new visa or complete a transfer with USCIS. The fact that your LCA with the old employer is still valid won't matter. It's even riskier when you will get paid by the old employer for part time work as there will be obvious paper trail
Old Jun 7th 2010, 5:07 am
Busy at Work

Mine is scheduled next Monday June 7....My employer mailed out the LCA but it wouldn't get here until June 4. I'm shelling out the extra $$ too but whatever. It will actually be nice if they just let you pay directly at the consulate for the full amount in the future, but doesn't seem to be what they'll be doing at where I'm applying.
An Update on my Own E-3 Application. It was approved today after I Spent 1+ hour standing in line, and another 20 minutes or so waiting in line to pay the extra fee (US$260 or so). The interview itself took 1-2 minutes with very basic questions. The consular officer only looked at my passport, the approved LCA, and the letter of support from my employer. I wasn't asked to show any diplomas, transcripts, medical license, etc. as I expected, nor was I asked for prove of any ties outside of the US such as bank account statements, etc.

Looks like my last "hurdle" will be not getting denied at the entry point by CBP!
Old Jun 7th 2010, 5:21 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

My instinct will be that it would not be permitted. Your status is tied to the new employer after getting a new visa or complete a transfer with USCIS. The fact that your LCA with the old employer is still valid won't matter. It's even riskier when you will get paid by the old employer for part time work as there will be obvious paper trail
That's not correct. You can have multiple E3's at the same time with different employers as long as each position meets the requirements.
Old Jun 7th 2010, 10:23 am
Busy at Work

Originally Posted by augigi
That's not correct. You can have multiple E3's at the same time with different employers as long as each position meets the requirements.
Do you know how does one go about doing that? I'm curious myself as well. Everytime I applied for a new visa, the old ones were "Cancelled without prejudice". When you transfer employer with USCIS within the U.S., I think they would assume that you would no longer work wth the current employer. Do you specifically request for working under two employers at the Consulate or with USCIS?
Old Jun 7th 2010, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

skzm is an unknown quantity at this point

Have a basic question - I attended an E-3 interview on Thursday in Sydney. Was told my visa was approved - havent got my passport back yet (using Aus Post Platinum to a Sydney CBD location). Cant see anything in their tracking website etc. My flight is on Thursday - should I call them?
Old Jun 7th 2010, 12:50 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skzm
My flight is on Thursday - should I call them?
For future reference (since it's too late now)... you should never book a flight without having your passport/visa in your hands! Some folks have waited 2 or 3 weeks before actually getting their passport back... there's any number of ways it can be delayed.

Sorry, I know this doesn't help you right now.

Ian
Old Jun 7th 2010, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

skzm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Some folks have waited 2 or 3 weeks before actually getting their passport back... there's any number of ways it can be delayed.
Cheers for your quick reply - guess I am calling them tomorrow.
Old Jun 7th 2010, 2:16 pm
Busy at Work

Originally Posted by skzm
Have a basic question - I attended an E-3 interview on Thursday in Sydney. Was told my visa was approved - havent got my passport back yet (using Aus Post Platinum to a Sydney CBD location). Cant see anything in their tracking website etc. My flight is on Thursday - should I call them?
If you had your interview on Thursday, the earliest the can get the visa stamp in an mail the passport out is Friday. It's also possible that it was mailed today instead. Give it another day and see if it'll arrive tomorrow! (Or more like today - Tuesday)
Old Jun 7th 2010, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

vivistar is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

Hoping you can help!

I'm moving to New York in July to start the "job search, networking, interviewing" process.
Once I receive a job offer I will start the process of applying for the E3 visa.

I am a Buyer with 7 years of experience. I don't have a Bachelors Degree but hold two certificates applicable to my field. Buying roles do state that Bachelors Degrees are required (hence making it a "speciality occupation").

The E3 visa states that the applicant must demonstrate that:

* the position he/she is coming to fill qualifies as a specialty occupation employment;
* he/she has the necessary academic or other qualifying credentials;
* his/her stay will be temporary; and, if required,
* he/she has the necessary license or other official permission to practice in the specialty occupation. In certain cases where such license or other official permission is not required to commence employment immediately, the applicant must demonstrate that he/she will obtain such licensure or permission within a reasonable period of time following admission into the United States.

My query is, with my lack of a Bachelors Degree, what documents would I need to provide in place of this to show I have 'other qualifying credentials' which is my 7 years of experience and certifications?
Also, how do you prove your stay is temporary? Is Australian bank accounts and letters from family members showing family ties sufficient?

Thank you all very much in advance for your help!!

Letitia

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.