E-3 Visa 2009 Thread

Old Jun 25th 2009, 4:34 am
Just Joined

corn dog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: E-3 Visa 2009 Thread

Can anyone tell me current wait times for E-3s in Canada? On the front page for the various US consulates it says 2 days (next day), but then if you click through to scheduling it says 4-5 days for non-immigrant visas, although it doesn't mention E-3s. Anyone been there recently ( Calgary or Vancouver in particular)? What happened?

This will be my third E-3, and eight US non-immigrant visa, booya!

thanks.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

You guys know there is another older E3 thread, right with a ton of info in it from prior to this year, right? Maybe worth a search. I know several people in the thread went to Canada.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

auiagman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

I have a question. When i fly to Canada from US to apply for new E3 visa, do I need to submit my I-94 forms? Some one said, I can keep the I-94 if I go to Canada? What will happen if I keep I-94, and when I return to US with the new E3 visa. Will Immigration office grant me a new I-94?

thanks!
Old Jun 28th 2009, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

Hi All,

I have a question. If my visa interview failed, can I still go back to US to sell my furnatures, close my bank accounts etc? I will do the interview in Calgary.

thanks!
Old Jun 28th 2009, 5:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve57
Just an update on my original post under E3 eligibility. I was successful in gaining my E3 as a Marketing Manager and have relocated to Sunny CA with my wife and family.

My work experience and education evaluation was provided by Morningside and the interview went smoothly and exactly as described by previous posters. Special thanks to E3only and augigi for their advice.
Excellent news! Where in sunny Ca are you?
Old Jun 28th 2009, 11:56 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by auiagman
When i fly to Canada from US to apply for new E3 visa, do I need to submit my I-94 forms?
No.

Will Immigration office grant me a new I-94?
Yes... and they will remove the old I-94 when they do.

Originally Posted by auiagman
If my visa interview failed, can I still go back to US to sell my furnatures, close my bank accounts etc?
Yes, as long as whatever visa you are currently on is valid for travel.

Ian

Last edited by ian-mstm; Jun 28th 2009 at 12:13 pm.
Old Jun 29th 2009, 8:56 pm
Just Joined

Aussie in Little Rock is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys,

I got my appointment at the US Consulate in Sydney for the 27th of July. Quick question - the confirmation page says I need to bring the printed page for the DS-160 (which I fill out online), but it doesn't say anything about the DS-156 and DS-157 forms. Are these needed as well?

The confirmation page doesn't even tell you to bring the ETA 9035E. The Appointment Conformation page states:

Please bring all the required documents to the US Consulate General, including:

1. DS - 160 Confirmation Page
2. Photo
3. Valid Passport
4. Original Receipt from Australia Post
5. Prepaid and self-addressed Express Post Platinum envelope, Registered Post envelope or courier satchel

I guess it goes direct you to a link for "additional documents" but it doesn't direct you to a list of other required documents - you have to click around and then you may come across it.

Has anything recently gone to the US Consulate General in Sydney or a US Consulate elsewhere in Australia? Could you please let me know what documents you took with you and what they asked for?

Thanks heaps.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

You need:
- Job offer letter from employer
- Transcripts/professional licenses
- +/- educational equivalency (as needed)
- Approved LCA
- DS-156
- DS-157 if you are eligible
- Receipt for the visa fee eg. from Australia Post
- Any other information you have relating to your credentials etc.
- Passport
- Photos
- Envelope (make sure it's trackable, express post is a good idea).

Be sure to have some knowledge of your employer - they asked me a few questions about them and why they'd need me and how I found the job.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

bhaliya is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,
I have a question to ask from the experts.

I have been in US from Jan 2008 on E-3 and now I have found a great job with another company. I would like to change my employer and thinking of flying to Canada (Calgary, most probably) and get my visa re-stamped. I recently came to know from few people that US consulates around the world are giving hard time to people who try to get to US on work visas due to the economic condition in the country. I know for a fact that one guy who was on H1 had troubles with getting in to the US.

Is this a good time to play with your visa status or is it better to stick to what you have right now until the conditions get better?

My second question is that if for some reason my new E-3 visa application is rejected can I still come back to US with my existing E-3 visa?

Your thoughts are highly appreciated......

Rgds,
bhaliya
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 9:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Provided you can show the evidence of why they need you, I don't know why you'd have any more trouble than before entering on a work visa. I recently reentered after a trip home and did require all my paperwork for the POE officer. First he said "oh that's okay, I trust you" and then he said "actually, I do need to see that paperwork" haha.

On the second, you can enter on the first E3 provided it's still valid and you're still employed by that company.
Old Jul 4th 2009, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

Hi All,

I have a question. I just returned from Calgary, Canada with my new E3 visa and I94. My wife didn't go with me due to some family reason. So now, I would have to make the extension for her. My question is, can I do the I-539 filing concurrently with I-765 filing for EAD? Because her current EAD would expire in early of Dec. I am afriad that we won't get enough time to file status extension first and then do the EAD application.

thanks!
Old Jul 4th 2009, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

Steve57 is just really niceSteve57 is just really niceSteve57 is just really niceSteve57 is just really niceSteve57 is just really niceSteve57 is just really niceSteve57 is just really niceSteve57 is just really niceSteve57 is just really niceSteve57 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Excellent news! Where in sunny Ca are you?
Sorry for the late response it has been hectic here. We are located in Conejo Valley west of LA. It is a beautiful area and a nice location for families. The only drawback is you need to take a cut lunch for the drive to Disneyland

Looking forward to the 4th July fireworks tonight.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

deepz44 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all,

Has anyone attended E3 visa interview in Hyderabad or even in India.I'm looking forward to book an interview at the Hyderabad consulate.just want to know whether the visa interview is tough in India or is it better for me to attend the interview in Australia?I would very much appreciate if someone could share with me their experience if they attended the interview for E3 visa in India.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 3:47 pm
Just Joined

Augigi, thanks for your post. But has the DS-160 not replaced the DS-156 and DS-157 forms? From what I've managed to read, I think this is the case.

Has anyone gotten an E-3 from a US Consulate in Sydney, Melbourne or Perth in the last month or so? If you have, please let me know what documents they requested.

Thanks!
Old Jul 7th 2009, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

This is where I'm getting my info on the DS-160: http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/forms/forms_4401.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.