E-3 Visa 2009 Thread

Old Mar 18th 2009, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E-3 Visa 2009 Thread

Originally Posted by sban009
yes! i am working for the client through consultant company. Hope the consulting company documents should be enough with all the pay stubs and New LCA and supporting docs. Hope everything should goes well. Will update once i am back.

Thank you again for the quick reply.
With my limited experience - I think you should be fine. The Authoritiese have nothing to do with who you end up working for as a consultant. As long as you are on the Consultancy payroll and they hold your LCA that's all good.

GOod luck - keep us posted.
Old May 3rd 2009, 2:01 am
Just Joined

capeli is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, i'm getting close to being offered a job in Houston. I'm Australian citizen and will require and E-3 visa. I would be applying at the US consulate in Perth. Does anyone have experience with how long it takes to get the E-3 visa from start to go in Perth.

The prospective employer is suggesting I go to Houston start work, then fly back to Perth for E-3 interview. I would rather avoid that if possible.

On a second note, are E-3 visa workers subject to all the taxes a US citizen pays.

Appreciate any replies. Thanks
Old May 3rd 2009, 2:55 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by capeli
The prospective employer is suggesting I go to Houston start work, then fly back to Perth for E-3 interview. I would rather avoid that if possible.
I strongly suggest you avoid doing that... it's illegal to work in the US without first having the proper visa.

Ian
Old May 3rd 2009, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by capeli
Hi, i'm getting close to being offered a job in Houston. I'm Australian citizen and will require and E-3 visa. I would be applying at the US consulate in Perth. Does anyone have experience with how long it takes to get the E-3 visa from start to go in Perth.

On a second note, are E-3 visa workers subject to all the taxes a US citizen pays.

Appreciate any replies. Thanks
Do you realise that E-3 is the work visa it's in order that would come first before you starting work?
Old May 5th 2009, 9:59 am
Just Joined

retep is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Degree & E-3 visa

Hi,

I am reading main E3 thread, but it is pretty long Maybe somebody could answer these questions?

It is written in the FAQ ("What requirements and documentary evidence are needed for the application?" http://canberra.usembassy.gov/consul...as/niv/e3.html) about the degree:

... If your qualification(s) are not from an Australian institution, a certified copy of the foreign degree and evidence that it is equivalent to the required U.S. degree could be used to satisfy the “qualifying credentials” requirement, but you may prefer to wait until your visa interview to confirm whether this is necessary. You should take your original certificates and transcripts to your visa interview, and if it is also necessary to produce certified copies of certificates and evidence of U.S. equivalence, you can send these to the Consulate after the interview, although your visa will not be approved until this is received....

1. What is the evidence that the degree is equivalent to the required U.S. degree? How to get it and how quickly is it to get it? (Do they mean some organisation like http://www.wes.org/ ?)

2. It is not written there, but obviously they need a translation of the degree certificate into English. Do they have some requirements about the translation? (A translator from NAATI is required? Or something like this)

3. Is it necessary to provide both bachelor & master degree certificates? (as it is written there bachelor is en enough, but can could master help in some way?)

Thanks in advance!
Old May 5th 2009, 10:10 am
Just Joined

retep is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Degree & E-3 visa

It seems I found a part of answer for my questions:

www.trustfortecorp.com (augigi at E3 Eligibility)
Old May 6th 2009, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

The more information that you're a specialty professional, the better. It's up to you how much evidence you provide.

To capeli, you cannot enter the US to start work without the visa. Once the employer has obtained the online LCA (from Dept of Labor website) and letter of job offer for you, and you have required documents, visa can be had in 2 days if you're approved at consulate interview.
Old May 10th 2009, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

nani is an unknown quantity at this point

Can you change (COS) from H1b to E3 via USCIS and keep working on the H1b until E3 is approved? I know that once E3 is approved I will lose h1 status but do i need to go out of US for new E3 to take effect?

Does anyone have any experience with this kind of situation?
Old May 20th 2009, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

ozEcho is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I have an E3 visa that is valid to Oct 2009, as stamped in my passport.

Last year, I left the country and returned, and my I94 has been stamped as being valid until February 2010. (2 years from the date of entry)

I plan to return to Oz permanently in December 2009.

Do I have to renew my visa in Oct 2009, or is the I94 date of entry acceptable?

thanks,
Old May 20th 2009, 10:38 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozEcho
Do I have to renew my visa in Oct 2009, or is the I94 date of entry acceptable?
I believe you can stay in the US as long as the I-94 is valid. However, you will *not* be able to leave the US for any reason whatsoever between the date your visa expires and the date the I-94 expires. I mean, you can leave, but you won't be able to get back into the US (since the visa will be invalid by then). Other than that, you'll be okay for those few months... and you can leave when you're ready.

Ian

Last edited by ian-mstm; May 20th 2009 at 10:41 pm.
Old May 21st 2009, 2:28 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

But you can only work for the validity of the LCA, right?
Old May 22nd 2009, 1:54 am
BE Enthusiast

shorrock is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by augigi
But you can only work for the validity of the LCA, right?
Yes, the E3 visa is only valid for the duration of the LCA. Even if your Visa expiry date or your I94 date is after the LCA date. The LCA date is the Expiry date.
Old May 28th 2009, 5:02 am
Just Joined

klebe82 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was made redundant last month from my job. I changed my status to H4 using my wife's H1b visa.

I have a job offer right now and they want me to start immediately.

Can I do a adjustment of status again and start working immediately or do I have to go to a consulate to get a new E3 visa.

Appreciate your help.
Old May 28th 2009, 5:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by klebe82
I was made redundant last month from my job. I changed my status to H4 using my wife's H1b visa.

I have a job offer right now and they want me to start immediately.

Can I do a adjustment of status again and start working immediately or do I have to go to a consulate to get a new E3 visa.

Appreciate your help.
Well, to my understanding you would have to leave the country and get a new E-3?

You basically need to go through the E-3 application process I think......basically you would have to leave US. YOu can not apply for E-3 within US - http://canberra.usembassy.gov/consul...as/niv/e3.html

I am sure experts will correct me if I am wrong..

Last edited by E3only; May 28th 2009 at 5:08 am.
Old May 28th 2009, 1:52 pm
Just Joined

klebe82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by E3only
YOu can not apply for E-3 within US - http://canberra.usembassy.gov/consul...as/niv/e3.html
Sorry but there is nothing in there saying so. Or am i missing it?

It says that if im already in US and wants to change my status to E3, it is USCIS's headache. I understand that it will take 2-4 odd months to get that approved - am I allowed to work in the meantime?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.