E-3 Visa 2009 Thread

Old Oct 6th 2009, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

mist3rh has a reputation beyond reputemist3rh has a reputation beyond reputemist3rh has a reputation beyond reputemist3rh has a reputation beyond reputemist3rh has a reputation beyond reputemist3rh has a reputation beyond reputemist3rh has a reputation beyond reputemist3rh has a reputation beyond reputemist3rh has a reputation beyond reputemist3rh has a reputation beyond reputemist3rh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E-3 Visa 2009 Thread

Originally Posted by meauxna
The instructions you posted are for non-immigrant visa applications, but your previous question was about a green card (Permanent Residence).
To get to Permanent Residence, your employer must initiate the process; you don't just apply for a green card.

I don't see what the Canadian Consulate piece has to do with your questions. Perhaps you should read this thread and the one suggested to you, before you judge the quality of information on *this* online forum.

mate, read carefully before you post !! - i am not the one who sought the answer.

I am a subscriber to this forum just like you and surely I do not take any guarantees on any information provided on this forum, and am sure you dont either. My suggestion was quite precise.

EDIT: and i just noticed YOU are the 'super moderator'. Well it becomes 'super important' that you proof read the post before you make one.

Last edited by mist3rh; Oct 6th 2009 at 10:36 pm. Reason: outlined above
Old Oct 6th 2009, 10:38 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mist3rh
mate, read carefully before you post !! - i am not the one who sought the answer.

I am a subscriber to this forum just like you and surely I do not take any guarantees on any information provided on this forum, and am sure you dont either. My suggestion was quite precise.

EDIT: and i just noticed YOU are the 'super moderator'. Well it becomes 'super important' that you proof read the post before you make one.
oh, dude, it was gonna be such a NICE answer til you edited!

You watch who you quote and what it says, and I'll read usernames more carefully.
Deal.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

mist3rh has a reputation beyond reputemist3rh has a reputation beyond reputemist3rh has a reputation beyond reputemist3rh has a reputation beyond reputemist3rh has a reputation beyond reputemist3rh has a reputation beyond reputemist3rh has a reputation beyond reputemist3rh has a reputation beyond reputemist3rh has a reputation beyond reputemist3rh has a reputation beyond reputemist3rh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
oh, dude, it was gonna be such a NICE answer til you edited!

You watch who you quote and what it says, and I'll read usernames more carefully.
Deal.
haha -well i'll endeavour to maintain the niceties
Old Oct 7th 2009, 12:14 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mist3rh
Well Consulate in Sydney states:

Yes. You can apply at any U.S. Embassy or Consulate which processes non-immigrant petition-based visas, but you cannot apply from within the U.S.

However, please contact the U.S. Consulate or Embassy where you plan to apply to check that they accept applications from non-residents,

So unless Canadian consulate in Toronto specifically advises about non-acceptance of such visa applications, i dont see why that would be an issue.

Immigration rules change every now and then and hence an online forum may not be the best source of information. Best to contact the revelant consulate.

Anyway, are there any Aussies currently in the US who wish to share/network ideas around how to source job/sponsors and whether anyone would be willing to provide leads? -Banking/Finance/Accounting sector.

Sharing is caring -so would appreciate any help.
Actually Ian was clearly responding to someone asking about green card, so he's perfectly correct - THEY do NOT apply. Nothing to do with Canada. Don't be such a smart arse or you won't find you get much help.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by augigi
Actually Ian was clearly responding to someone asking about green card, so he's perfectly correct - THEY do NOT apply. Nothing to do with Canada. Don't be such a smart arse or you won't find you get much help.
EDIT: I just realised what caused the confusion. I quoted Ian will posting my response -my bad. My response was meant to be for Pat who wished to apply in Canada. No hard feelings

Last edited by mist3rh; Oct 7th 2009 at 6:52 am.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 1:29 pm
Just Joined

bhaliya is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wakkas
look for another thread named "E3 to Green Card".. there are many discussions on the same issue there..

My company applied for my GC while i was on E3 and got my GC in 8 months time, i fell under EB2 - Other countries.. so my date was always current. there were ppl who were scared that if you are in a category where it takes lots of time to get GC then E3 renewal might be issue, but you can check on that forum that ppl have got good clear answers from consulates stating that "status of adjustment" is not a reason to deny E3 or E3 renewals..

so E3->GC is a valid step and one should go for it.. the process is exactly the same as H1b.

thanks
Wakkas
Thanx for the info......
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

brettmrob is an unknown quantity at this point

G’day guys,

I wanted to fill you in on my recent E3 renewal, a visa appointment in London and ask a couple of questions.

Firstly, I extended my I 94 last year in country with the USCIS. I did this a month before it expired, Dec 31, with it being approved in January. Despite what’s noted online, I called the USCIS numerous times and confirmed each time that I could stay in country and work while it was being processed. Job done.

As I wanted to travel and leave the US, I tried repeatedly to arrange a visa appointment with no success in Canada. This meant I missed a couple of weddings up there resulting in an unhappy missus but anyways. This month, my work required me in London. Telling the boss I probably wouldn’t be able to make it, I checked out the London consulate website, noted I could be booked in immediately and arranged an appointment. Result. Landing on Sunday, I had my appointment the next day and received my Visa on Thursday. All too easy! I highly recommend renewing/applying for your visa in London. One big point to note is that you need to have a UK address for your passport to be couriered to. I used the office. Unlike Australia where you pick it up, the UK only returns them via the mail. The interview there was a lot easier as well. My interviewer didn’t even check my offer letter, academic transcripts or any of the documentation I had. Only my form 9035. Quite an easy experience in the end.

My questions come from the visa itself. My new visa is dated from my interview date meaning its expiry is Oct 2011. All of my other docs from renewal last year state an end of Dec 31 2010. Is this correct and should I correct the consulate UCIS? I love the free 10 months though!

Secondly, my previous Visa clearly stated my companies name. My new one doesn’t. Has anyone seen this before?

Cheers!
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 11:07 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brettmrob
My questions come from the visa itself. My new visa is dated from my interview date meaning its expiry is Oct 2011. All of my other docs from renewal last year state an end of Dec 31 2010.
I don't understand the issue. You applied for a renewal and yet you're surprised that the new visa has an expiry date later than what was there previously.

Ian
Old Oct 24th 2009, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

ozEcho is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Brettmrob,
Thanks for sharing your experiences... its much appreciated by most here.
Originally Posted by brettmrob
My new visa is dated from my interview date meaning its expiry is Oct 2011. All of my other docs from renewal last year state an end of Dec 31 2010. Is this correct and should I correct the consulate UCIS? I love the free 10 months though!

Secondly, my previous Visa clearly stated my companies name. My new one doesn’t. Has anyone seen this before?
Its an interesting question ... but Im guessing that you didnt get a renewal, and instead were issued with a whole new visa, hence the new dates. Does your LCA cover the entire period?

Why it doesnt have your companies name on it does seem a bit odd...
Old Oct 28th 2009, 11:42 pm
Just Joined

pat garrett is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it possible to book an E3 visa appointment without a confirmed LCA? I have a job letter but my ETA9035 is still being processed, and I'm aiming to set up an interview in London in the first week in December. I want to be on the safe side just in case the LCA takes more time to process. When I call to schedule the visa appointment will I be asked for info about the LCA itself?
Old Oct 29th 2009, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

ozEcho is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pat garrett
Is it possible to book an E3 visa appointment without a confirmed LCA? I have a job letter but my ETA9035 is still being processed, and I'm aiming to set up an interview in London in the first week in December. I want to be on the safe side just in case the LCA takes more time to process. When I call to schedule the visa appointment will I be asked for info about the LCA itself?
The online booking system in Canada and Australia doesnt require any of the LCA information. The last time I received / applied for an LCA, it took a matter of hours to do online...
Old Nov 6th 2009, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

MrBurns101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Did anyone renew or apply for a new E3 at the Vancouver consulate recently? Are they still doing next day passport pickup? I went through the thread but couldn't find this info. Thanks!
Old Nov 18th 2009, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

pat garrett is an unknown quantity at this point

I've tried finding the answer to this on this thread but without success. I'm attending my E3 interview in London next month and have a question about degree certification.

MY BA degree is from the UK and my MPhil/PhD is from Columbia University. Do I need to get the UK BA checked for equivalency to a US BA? I'm sure I've read that the US-based higher degree would mean the foreign bachelor's degree would not need to be verified as equivalent to a US degree, but I might be wrong.

Thanks.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 2:08 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pat garrett
Do I need to get the UK BA checked for equivalency to a US BA?
That likely depends on the job criteria. If the job requires a BA and yours is from the UK, likely yes. If the job requires a graduate degree, then likely no. Is it absurd to look for equivalency in a Bachelor's degree when you have US graduate degrees? Yup!

Ian
Old Nov 19th 2009, 5:54 am
Banned

AussieGolfer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Does anyone know if you are allowed to get two (2) E-3 visa's at the same time for two (2) different employers? I am currently on an E-3 in the US, working full time, but would like to work part-time for another employer. I am planning on going to Sydney in January and would like to apply for a second E-3 at the US Consulate in Sydney.

If anyone has done this or has information regarding this topic, please let me know.

Thanks for your help!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.