E-3 Visa 2009 Thread

Old Aug 8th 2009, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

ozEcho is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: E-3 Visa 2009 Thread

Originally Posted by 0161
Thanks Mate - you are making us feel a lot better about the whole process. did you travel to Canada alone or did all the family have to travel with you? Do we all need to be there for the "interview"

So thats an interesting question and I think there is a bit of a grey area. If you want them to get visas at the same time then they have to be with you and will have to travel to Canada. Although I think only you and the wife (if the kids are young) have to attend, but the kids have to "nearby".

I'll tell you about my situation which might be different to yours. Their existing E3D's were still valid for another 6 months. I already had travel plans back to Oz in about 4 months time. I flew alone to Canada and got a new E3 for the new employer and started work. The wife and kids stayed behind in the USA.

When we travelled back to Oz, the wife and kids all applied for new E3D visas on the back on my new visa. Only my wife and I attended the interview (I have 3 kids...all under 10... lucky you with 4). New E3D's were granted and picked up a few days later in Sydney.

Hope that helps,
OzEcho
Old Aug 8th 2009, 5:14 am
Just Joined

0161 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ozEcho
So thats an interesting question and I think there is a bit of a grey area. If you want them to get visas at the same time then they have to be with you and will have to travel to Canada. Although I think only you and the wife (if the kids are young) have to attend, but the kids have to "nearby".

I'll tell you about my situation which might be different to yours. Their existing E3D's were still valid for another 6 months. I already had travel plans back to Oz in about 4 months time. I flew alone to Canada and got a new E3 for the new employer and started work. The wife and kids stayed behind in the USA.

When we travelled back to Oz, the wife and kids all applied for new E3D visas on the back on my new visa. Only my wife and I attended the interview (I have 3 kids...all under 10... lucky you with 4). New E3D's were granted and picked up a few days later in Sydney.

Hope that helps,
OzEcho
Thnaks again mate it helps a lot. I think we will drive up to Vancouver (about 10 hours drive) so we can all go. I just have to make sure I have all the right documents with me first.

Thanks for all your help.

Regards
Old Aug 8th 2009, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Thnaks again mate it helps a lot. I think we will drive up to Vancouver (about 10 hours drive) so we can all go. I just have to make sure I have all the right documents with me first.
no worries ... flying 5 or 6 people across the country just for visa's isnt much fun... driving makes it way more palatable.

Do you already have an appointment in Vancouver?
Old Aug 8th 2009, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

0161 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ozEcho
no worries ... flying 5 or 6 people across the country just for visa's isnt much fun... driving makes it way more palatable.

Do you already have an appointment in Vancouver?
Not yet - I am aiming to have everything ready by end August then appointment for 1st week Sept - and start new job middle / end Sept.

I want to take my time and make sure I get all the right documents in place before I make appointment.

Thanks
Old Aug 8th 2009, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Not yet - I am aiming to have everything ready by end August then appointment for 1st week Sept - and start new job middle / end Sept.

I want to take my time and make sure I get all the right documents in place before I make appointment.

Thanks
Just so you know, Vancouver is taking appointments for 10 weeks in advance. Currently they are booked out. This might throw a spanner in the works.

I've been checking pretty regularly and getting an appointment is tough.
Old Aug 8th 2009, 9:59 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

You should check with the Vancouver consulate to see if they will process an E-3 for a non-resident of Canada. They aren't obligated to!

Ian
Old Aug 9th 2009, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

rajeshbreddy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

I have been working as a Unix system administrator since 1997. I am very keen to work in the US. But I'm having a lot of difficulties in locating agents or employers in the US who would like to employ Aussies on the E3 visa. Can someone help me with company or agent contact details who can sponsor E3 visas.

Thanks.
Old Aug 9th 2009, 5:57 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rajeshbreddy
Can someone help me with company or agent contact details who can sponsor E3 visas.
Any US employer can sponsor someone for an E3 visa. There are, however, no lists of employers... except those who only want your money and don't really intend to help you get a visa. Sorry.

Ian
Old Aug 10th 2009, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

luckydog is just really niceluckydog is just really niceluckydog is just really niceluckydog is just really niceluckydog is just really niceluckydog is just really niceluckydog is just really niceluckydog is just really nice

Originally Posted by us-aspirant
Who is your attorney ?? He will be in red hot demand for so many E-3 ers here..
I did not use one, the job I have requires a bachelors degree (which I had) and I just followed all the info on the US Consulate website as well as reading the interesting stories on here and booked my interview and took my chances. Like almost everyone I totally over prepared and had letters for every conceivable thing yet none of them were requested.

My last interview at the US Consulate in Sydney was very brief as we spent most of the 2 minutes talking about his relatives that were living near me.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

CK78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All - I am a newbie and would really appreciate your advise.

I am in the USA working on an E3 we are a family of 6 - wife and 4 kids. I have been offered a new job starting in September.

Reading the posts on here it looks like the best option for us is to go to Canada and apply to TRANSFER my E3 visa to my new employer, I understand new employers has to fill out and submit an LCA - but when I go to Canada for the 'interview' plaease can someone who has done this, list what I need to take with me to the interview?

Passports - Birth certificates - forms - etc

Thank you SO much for your help - and for this forum. I have spoken to two immigration lawyers in the past week and both want to charge me over $2,500 to re-apply for a visa!!

Regards

I recently got my 3rd E3 in Vancouver and I would say it is by far the quickest turnaround compared to applying for a new E3 through USCIS whilst working for an existing employer. Here are a list of items I brought:

- LCA
- DS160 (new form for certain consulates only - Vancouver included)
- Letter of employment from new employer detailing role, responsibilities, salary etc;
- Degree & Transcripts
- Marriage Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Bank account statements (both US & Aus)
- Etc; etc;

Bottom line, the 2 most important pieces of paperwork are the DS160 (with photographs), LCA and of course the reciprocity fee (US$131). Other than a couple of other main points listed above, the rest if you decide to take will likely used along with firewood in the upcoming winter. The interview questions were simple enough, type of job, salary, location of work - that's basically it. Be completely honest and open your mouth only when asked a question - don't give a long winded explanation, keep it brief and concise. The interviewers have always been friendly and do put you at ease.

That's basically it.
CK78
Old Aug 13th 2009, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

brettmrob is an unknown quantity at this point

G'day,

Does anyone have any tips for getting an appointment at any US Consulate in Canada?? Everywhere is booked on their online service. Is there a number, fee, back alley transaction that anyone knows of that can get me in?? Bit of a crazy system really. Everywhere is booked and they only open a slots for a number of weeks in advance. Do I have to sit in front of the screen hitting refresh every 2 minutes?!
Old Aug 13th 2009, 9:47 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by brettmrob
Do I have to sit in front of the screen hitting refresh every 2 minutes?!
Actually, yes. People go to Canada because they can't be arsed going back to their own country for visa processing... so they're always fully booked. Try the middle of the night, some folks report success during the wee hours.

Ian
Old Aug 13th 2009, 10:43 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Bit of a crazy system really.
Consulates serve residents of their Consular District. The US Consulates in Canada extend the courtesy of E-3 appointments but are not obligated to. The E-3 (as you know) is a specialty visa only for Australians.
Old Aug 14th 2009, 5:11 am
Forum Regular

CK78 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had the same predicament - work too hectic to request leave to go back home. I was constantly refreshing the screen at work & at night for about 2 weeks to no avail. One night, I had to work into the wee hours of the morning, went to the website around 2am PST and found a number of appointments that were available which were all gone by 7am PST.

If you need to have your appointment in Canada, then I suggest staying up into the early hours and try your luck.

Best of luck
CK78

G'day,

Does anyone have any tips for getting an appointment at any US Consulate in Canada?? Everywhere is booked on their online service. Is there a number, fee, back alley transaction that anyone knows of that can get me in?? Bit of a crazy system really. Everywhere is booked and they only open a slots for a number of weeks in advance. Do I have to sit in front of the screen hitting refresh every 2 minutes?!
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 1:04 am
Just Joined

khemist is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hew.masters
Thanks docnetau, I think im actually going to the bahamas to renew. They have a much shorter wait time to get an appointment.

My E3 expired yeterday and I am now working on a I94 so technically that is fine.

I wont be able to get to the bahamas for 6 weeks, has anyone had any experience with leaving an E3 that long before renewal (or should I say reapplying?)

hew.
Hi,
My E 3 visa expires in November. I took a trip to Overseas in february this year and at the port of entry the CBP granted me an I -94 till November 2011.

My LCA expires in November too. But my employer says i should be good to work with the company with a New LCA from November 2009 - 2011.

do you think thats feasible or i will be out of status from november?

Cheers....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.