E-2 Visa more questions...

Old Sep 29th 2008, 4:27 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E-2 Visa more questions...

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
That is not what I am saying.
Misunderstandings seem to be the order of the day in this thread.
Old Oct 12th 2008, 10:28 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Itsaall sorted the OP ..the OP has another wild idea ....
Old Oct 12th 2008, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

kjmcass100 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been pursuing many different options. My background is in property and so I am looking into various options as a route to living in America for a few years. I have had job opportunities but also business. Hence the e2 and e3 visa questions. Thanks for all your help.
Old Dec 26th 2008, 5:49 pm
Banned

privateinvestigator is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kjmcass100
Hi all, I have recently purchased a large log cabin in Tennessee and am intending to purchase another cabin however I have come across a cabin rental business for sale which includes 4 more cabins. They run a rental business with these 4 cabins. Would I be likely to obtain an E-2 visa through this investment? Thanks Kevin
Apart from being a Private Investigator, i am also a Licensed Real Estate Appraiser in Tennessee. Let me know where those cabins are, i would hate for you to be buying a cabin if its not a good investment. There are some parts of Tennessee where Rental cabins are a BAD investment. I will check it out for free, let me know.

Dean
Old Dec 26th 2008, 6:11 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by privateinvestigator
Apart from being a Private Investigator, i am also a Licensed Real Estate Appraiser in Tennessee. Let me know where those cabins are, i would hate for you to be buying a cabin if its not a good investment. There are some parts of Tennessee where Rental cabins are a BAD investment. I will check it out for free, let me know.

Dean
You missed that Boat ...
Old Jan 7th 2009, 9:24 am
Just Joined

barnoonan is an unknown quantity at this point

Why does everyone keep saying the E2 visa is so terrible?

I have a business that I really want to buy in CA. It is a gym and is absolutely prefect for my partner and I. It doesn't make a lot of money but we believe it can be made to do so. It currently employs several US citizens and will continue to do so and grow. It is not expensive though so doesn't qualify for the E5 visa even if I did have $500,000 to spend.

What else can I do?
Old Jan 7th 2009, 10:58 am
Ray

Originally Posted by barnoonan
Why does everyone keep saying the E2 visa is so terrible?

I have a business that I really want to buy in CA. It is a gym and is absolutely prefect for my partner and I. It doesn't make a lot of money but we believe it can be made to do so. It currently employs several US citizens and will continue to do so and grow. It is not expensive though so doesn't qualify for the E5 visa even if I did have $500,000 to spend.

What else can I do?
You go for it if you think its for you
gyms do fold quite regularly in my area ..not in CA though

As long as you accept the limitation of the E-2 and understand them
go for it ...
Old Jan 7th 2009, 11:03 am
Just Joined

barnoonan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ray
You go for it if you think its for you
gyms do fold quite regularly in my area ..not in CA though

As long as you accept the limitation of the E-2 and understand them
go for it ...
Ray I put another question on a different thread but you appear to be pretty knowledgeable in these matters so....

The problem with my business

- it is too cheap ($50,000) I was excited by this at first but now it seems an issue
- it is breakeven only. The current owners and I know there is massive potential but they have other jobs and just don't have the time required. i do and would turn this around. I am seriously staking my future on it!
- I intend to invest a lot in developing it. Can't I factor this into the investment amount?

- BIG problem - I am from the UK (born and bred) but live in the Middle east for work. Apparently I have to actually be residing in the UK. How closely do they check this? I mean I have an address in UK and a bank account so no way of really knowing that I am not residing there.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 11:08 am
Ray

Originally Posted by barnoonan
Ray I put another question on a different thread but you appear to be pretty knowledgeable in these matters so....

The problem with my business

- it is too cheap ($50,000) I was excited by this at first but now it seems an issue
- it is breakeven only. The current owners and I know there is massive potential but they have other jobs and just don't have the time required. i do and would turn this around. I am seriously staking my future on it!
- I intend to invest a lot in developing it. Can't I factor this into the investment amount?

- BIG problem - I am from the UK (born and bred) but live in the Middle east for work. Apparently I have to actually be residing in the UK. How closely do they check this? I mean I have an address in UK and a bank account so no way of really knowing that I am not residing there.
This is were the lawyer will work on a good business plan for you

Read the FAQ here
http://www.investorvisausa.com/index.html
Whats to stop you applying out there ??
Old Jan 8th 2009, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Hi, just another question...if the cost of a business is $800,000 and me and my business partner put up $300 / $400,000 between us and finance the rest will that be sufficient to get an e2 visa?

Thanks!

Kevin
Old Jan 8th 2009, 8:24 pm
Ray

Hi, just another question...if the cost of a business is $800,000 and me and my business partner put up $300 / $400,000 between us and finance the rest will that be sufficient to get an e2 visa?

Thanks!

Kevin
You can usually get away with 25% with a business costing up to $500K
and maybe 50% for something over the Mill$

For $800k I would suggest 35% could be a nearer acceptable mark ..

Getting a loan could be very hard at the moment anywhere though..
Old Jan 8th 2009, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Ray! Finance will defently be hard to get however the seller is willing to part finance the business. We will crunch the figures and see what happens. By the way what's your background as you have such a vast knowledge of the visa system?
Old Jan 8th 2009, 8:35 pm
Ray

Thanks Ray! Finance will defently be hard to get however the seller is willing to part finance the business. We will crunch the figures and see what happens. By the way what's your background as you have such a vast knowledge of the visa system?
Owner financing can alway be be a great help

but do get with a lawyer before you go too far .. they can add spin ..

Me ... ex Tesco car park attendant ...
Old Jan 8th 2009, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

Ray you never cease to give me a laugh! Thanks
Old Jan 8th 2009, 8:40 pm
John

jbharding is an unknown quantity at this point

Marry an American lady. My foreign-born wife married me - an American citizen. Now we are both citizens, and no longer have to live in America!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.