Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

E-2 Renewal - Sending Supporting Information

E-2 Renewal - Sending Supporting Information

Old Apr 16th 2018, 11:46 pm
Just Joined

Heywoodwest is an unknown quantity at this point
Default E-2 Renewal - Sending Supporting Information

Hi,
I'm coming up for my third E-2 visa renewal and a number of things in the process have of course changed - and here I am thinking that I was now an old hand at this!
The US Embassy website describes the process in summary as:
1) Fill in DS160 online
2) Pay the fee
3) Submit supporting document by email to address advised when you register online

Of course there wasn't any instructions on where to email supporting information when I registered - in any case there is too much information to email. If anyone has gone through this recently can they confirm
a) that I only need to send one file binder with all the supporting information (tabs A through G), rather than the two duplicate binders I had to send last time; and
b) that I can mail this information rather than email it.

Any help gratefully appreciated. I think I've got it right, but it would help me sleep at nights if I knew for certain.
Old Apr 17th 2018, 2:36 am
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E-2 Renewal - Sending Supporting Information

Originally Posted by Heywoodwest
Hi,
I'm coming up for my third E-2 visa renewal and a number of things in the process have of course changed - and here I am thinking that I was now an old hand at this!
The US Embassy website describes the process in summary as:
1) Fill in DS160 online
2) Pay the fee
3) Submit supporting document by email to address advised when you register online

Of course there wasn't any instructions on where to email supporting information when I registered - in any case there is too much information to email. If anyone has gone through this recently can they confirm
a) that I only need to send one file binder with all the supporting information (tabs A through G), rather than the two duplicate binders I had to send last time; and
b) that I can mail this information rather than email it.

Any help gratefully appreciated. I think I've got it right, but it would help me sleep at nights if I knew for certain.
I read something about how the renewal now has to be emailed with all the supporting docs scanned into an attachment. I’ll try to find the link for you on my computer tomorrow.
Old Apr 17th 2018, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

Thanks, I get the impression that they're changing the system, but probably the instructions haven't quite caught up yet.
Old Apr 17th 2018, 1:26 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

I'd suggest you try the forum section of this site: The USA Forum

They specialize in E-2 and there seem to be a number of discussions re the new email requirements going on there right now.
Old Apr 17th 2018, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

Thanks, I hadn't looked at that forum in a while. The advice there is very good about following a different process to that set out on the USA Embassy website, namely:
1) Send DS160 and pay fee
2) email documents as an attachment to [email protected]
3) wait for a response
4) book appointment