DX Secure: Complaints

Old Mar 29th 2014, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

E2Brutus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DX Secure: Complaints

Please respond to this thread with any customer service issues that you have had with DX Secure's delivery of your passport from the US Embassy in London. Please note whether it is a SPECIFIC FAILURE OF SERVICE or a GENERAL ISSUE.

I will start with mine:

SPECIFIC FAILURE OF SERVICE
DX Secure scheduled delivery of my passport between 1-5pm on a Saturday. This was displayed as the delivery time on its web site, and confirmed over the phone. By 5pm it had not arrived. I called DX Secure only to find that all phone lines are switched off at 4pm on Saturdays and there was no way to get in touch with the company. Pretty inconvenient given that I had a flight on Sunday.

I did a web search for DX Secure emails and found a great guy in freight who really went to work for me and contacted the people in parcels. I then got calls from management and they said they did not know where my passport was, but they would find it. At 10:30pm my passport was delivered by a man who said that he had gone to his colleagues house to pick it up. My guess is that the courier couldn't be bothered to completed his deliveries and headed home.

On one hand it was gratifying that some employees of DX Secure went to work to resolve the issue, but the last night I had in the UK with my family was ruined by unnecessary stress. If I was not a proactive person who emailed over a dozen people in DX that I tracked down, and started contacting people via LinkedIn then I would have been stuck. The official channels were all closed and I was only saved by a kind guy in freight - an unrelated part of the business.

I do not think it is reasonable that a company stops taking calls prior to delivery times ending, and I do not think it is reasonable that passports are sitting in cars in employee driveways.

GENERAL ISSUES

1. When you call DX Secure they cannot answer any questions about passport delivery, they have to call the Embassy office, and those people need to make an outbound call to you. This creates inefficiencies and errors.

2. DX Secure does not have a proper tracking system. I spoke to multiple employees who could not tell me where my passport was at any one time. It was reported as at any one of three depots and it would take time to find.

3. DX Secure keeps very restricted office hours. It is a very poor level of customer service
Old Mar 30th 2014, 2:20 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DX Secure: Complaints

Originally Posted by E2Brutus
Please respond to this thread with any customer service issues that you have had with DX Secure's delivery of your passport from the US Embassy in London.
To what end? Are you planning to file a class action lawsuit, are you planning on writing a strongly worded letter to the company, or are you just generally pissed off and want to complain?

If I was not a proactive person...
Had you been truly proactive, you would not have planned a trip with such restrictive timelines! You were proactive - yes, but only after the fact.

I agree that when a delivery is scheduled the item should be delivered, but bad planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on theirs!

Ian
Old Mar 30th 2014, 2:50 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

This reminds me of a story I was told by a Lady who runs a B&B, she had people book and pay and turn up, the Cell signal was not good enough so they wanted to cancel and get their money back.....

What have we become.
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

paul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond repute

My company in the UK uses DX every day, mostly between them and the courts and solicitors, and whether you use the regular service or secure, it's a pretty ropey service. Stuff gets mislaid, damaged, lost, and only rarely turns up when it's supposed to!
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 8:50 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by E2Brutus
SPECIFIC FAILURE OF SERVICE
DX Secure scheduled delivery of my passport between 1-5pm on a Saturday. This was displayed as the delivery time on its web site, and confirmed over the phone. By 5pm it had not arrived. I called DX Secure only to find that all phone lines are switched off at 4pm on Saturdays and there was no way to get in touch with the company. Pretty inconvenient given that I had a flight on Sunday.
General advice is not to book any flights or make any arrangements until you have your passport with visa in hand.

Rene
Old Apr 4th 2014, 2:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Vimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond repute

As the company has a monopoly service with the US Consulate there is nothing you can do except write to the customer relations manager at the Consulate I would guess.
When I applied for my L1 visa it was through the US Consulate in Dubai, they too used a monopoly courier company, I paid and was given a receipt package number to be able to track my returning passport. A couple of days later I went on the web site to check to see if it had started its journey, and I got the message "The tracking number is invalid please check and try again" so I did just that and still the same message. OK I thought it hasn't left the consulate, try again tomorrow, next day I get the same message of invalid tracking number. I called the free phone number and the operator gave me the same answer "its the wrong number" and when I told them I had the ticket in my hand they told me that was impossible.
Next day same fiasco, web site says invalid tracking number, operator says its a wrong number, while I am on the phone with the operator this guy in a uniform appears and stands in the doorway to my office and asks if I can sign his delivery sheet, for you guessed it, my passport from the Consulate with the same tracking number that the web site and operator are telling me doesn't exist. Go figure
The US Consulates must tender the delivery of documents and go with the lowest bidder which appears to be the most incompetent company possible
Old Apr 4th 2014, 8:38 am
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
General advice is not to book any flights or make any arrangements until you have your passport with visa in hand.

Rene
Absolutely this. We're not booking anything (flights, wedding etc) until I'm actually holding the passports!