Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

DV2013 winner - mistakes on forms sent to KCC

DV2013 winner - mistakes on forms sent to KCC

Old Jul 11th 2012, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

CyberSk8rGal is an unknown quantity at this point
Question DV2013 winner - mistakes on forms sent to KCC

Hi all,

I also won the DV2013 and sent the forms back.
However I have since realised I made mistakes in the forms...

DSP-122:
Question 6.b:
I wrote my French diplomas names in French, to reflect the official name of the diplomas on the forms. But I'm assuming they should have been written in English. (this will also apply to the other form filled out)

Question 7.a:
I ticked "Yes" to answer the question, as I do not think anybody with less than 2 years' experience or training could do the job I do, however my job isn't designated as Job Zone 4 or 5, classified in a Specific Vocational Preparation (SVP) rating of 7.0 or higher.
As a result I think I should have ticked "No" for that question.

I emailed the KCC to advise them of this and am waiting to hear back from them. I asked them to kindly add my email to my file if possible.

Do you guys think this could be used as a reason for them to reject my application altogether? Or has anybody on here made similar mistakes during their application and still managed to get the visa?

I really hope I haven't blown my chance...

Thanks so much,
A
Old Jul 11th 2012, 3:14 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DV2013 winner - mistakes on forms sent to KCC

I don't think they will reject your application yet. You'll have a chance to attend the in-person interview and make any corrections then.

Rene
Old Jul 11th 2012, 3:17 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure many people on here have lottery experience, since Brits are not included. However, to me it does not sound like these are material mistakes, and you did what you can to correct the record.

Not sure if it would cause you to be rejected or not.

Good luck
Old Jul 11th 2012, 4:09 pm
Banned

jxsteinberg is a jewel in the roughjxsteinberg is a jewel in the roughjxsteinberg is a jewel in the roughjxsteinberg is a jewel in the rough

I made a mistake on mine where I ticked no on the conviction question not realizing that a driving infringement I had received was in fact a conviction until I got my police check back. The lady at the interview questioned me over it and I explained it to her and she simply changed my answer and asked me to sign next to it and everything was fine.

Your circumstances are a little different but I think you will fine and I don't think it will stop you from getting an interview if your number becomes valid
Old Jul 11th 2012, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

CyberSk8rGal is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all so much for the replies.

Now I'm thinking my police certificate might also come back with a comment relating to a fine I got on the tube for travelling with the wrong ticket back in 2002 I think, yet I said no to convictions on the forms.... argghh

I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed
Old Jul 11th 2012, 4:34 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CyberSk8rGal
Now I'm thinking my police certificate might also come back with a comment relating to a fine I got on the tube for travelling with the wrong ticket back in 2002 I think, yet I said no to convictions on the forms.... argghh
One word: Aricept.

Ian