DV Number Current, Then What?

Old Jul 16th 2001, 7:07 am
Rabi

DV visa gurus: Please help with 2 questions I have.

I had abandoned hope of my DV 2001 visa number (near AS14300) being current, but now
I see that most recent State Dept Visa Bulletin says "ASIA: AS Current" for the month
of September 2001. I take this to mean that in September, all the remaining winners
from Asia will have their case worked on. Am I right to assume that I will get my
chance in September?

As soon I jumped high on the air in delight, I came crashing down, because I
remembered that September is the last month they will issue DV visa...so I may not
have much time to complete the process. If I am really current in September, can
anybody tell me when can I expect to be notifed, how (phone, email), and if I do get
lucky enough to land the interview, how can I prepare for it right now. I would
assume in September NVC will notify local counsulate of my number being current,
which in turn will notify me of interciew date. Am I right? In that case my chances
are dependent how fast [or slow ] NVC and consulate act, and how quickly can I be
ready for the interview.

Ok, that was more than two questions...and I am trying to answer my own questions,
but I would appreciate any information based on your experience, knowledge.

Note: I am not in the US, so I will be going through local consulate, and not doing
adjustment of status.

Thanks in advance. -rabi

(Holding on to the winning ticket... )