Waiting for Passport and Visa

Old May 4th 2012, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

dips is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile H1B Visa

I attended for the visa interview on 2nd march and i got administrative processing. On 21st march my status has been updated to submit my passport and I797 for issuance of visa. I submitted my documents through DX secure courier. The thing is i haven't received my passport yet it's still with embassy from 23rd march on wards dose any one have an idea how long it's gonna take to get my visa....
Old May 4th 2012, 7:19 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: H1B Visa

Originally Posted by dips
... dose any one have an idea how long it's gonna take to get my visa....
No - and there is no way to find out how long it'll take.

Ian
Old May 4th 2012, 7:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm

Ian
Thanks for ur reply........
Old May 4th 2012, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

Ian
I emailed to the US embassy they said still in processing it's been almost 40 days waiting for my passport and visa............
Old May 4th 2012, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

I heard that they process in 7 to 10 working days but no update in my case........
Old May 4th 2012, 7:35 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Waiting for Passport and Visa

I attended for the visa interview on 2nd march and i got administrative processing. On 21st march my status has been updated to submit my passport and I797 for issuance of visa. I submitted my documents through DX secure courier. The thing is i haven't received my passport yet it's still with embassy from 23rd march on wards dose any one have an idea how long it's gonna take to get my visa....
Did you track the package to make sure it got to the embassy safely?

Did you try contacting the embassy to see how long it might take?

It probably takes some time to go from the mailroom to the officer's desk, then some time for the officer to get to it and issue the visa, then another week or two to deliver it back to you.

I doubt anyone here can give you any more of an idea than that.

Rene
Old May 4th 2012, 7:40 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I heard that they process in 7 to 10 working days...
That's usually true, unless you've been in AP... at which point, things happen when they happen.

Ian
Old May 4th 2012, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Did you track the package to make sure it got to the embassy safely?

Did you try contacting the embassy to see how long it might take?

It probably takes some time to go from the mailroom to the officer's desk, then some time for the officer to get to it and issue the visa, then another week or two to deliver it back to you.

I doubt anyone here can give you any more of an idea than that.

Rene
More over i got an email from embassy to submit new travel itinerary on 27th of march i submitted it on next day, But they said they haven't received my document. Again i submitted same document on 13th of April and i got an email from us embassy the received my new travel itinerary and it will be processed soon........ But haven't hear any thing from embassy again.....
Old May 4th 2012, 7:43 pm
Account Closed

I attended for the visa interview on 2nd march and i got administrative processing.
This is now your 3rd exact same thread. Once was enough.

Ian
Old May 4th 2012, 7:45 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there any particular reason you are in AP?
Old May 4th 2012, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

That's usually true, unless you've been in AP... at which point, things happen when they happen.

Ian
i got reply from embassy like this............
We can confirm that the nonimmigrant visa unit has received the required documentation. No further action is required from you at this time. Embassy records show that your nonimmigrant visa application is subject to administrative processing, please be assured that as soon as we are able to proceed with your case, you will be notified.

on 18th of april.............
Old May 4th 2012, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Boiler
Is there any particular reason you are in AP?
no......... they gave me 221(g) white slip.........
Old May 4th 2012, 8:20 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

i got reply from embassy like this............
We can confirm that the nonimmigrant visa unit has received the required documentation. No further action is required from you at this time. Embassy records show that your nonimmigrant visa application is subject to administrative processing, please be assured that as soon as we are able to proceed with your case, you will be notified.

on 18th of april.............
So there's your answer. No one can predict how much longer it will take.

Rene
Old May 4th 2012, 8:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
So there's your answer. No one can predict how much longer it will take.

Rene
hmm....... The thing is my passport with them and i have small doubt will they issue my visa or not......
Old May 4th 2012, 8:37 pm

hmm....... The thing is my passport with them and i have small doubt will they issue my visa or not......
Do you need your passport?

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.