Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

DV Lottery 2012 Online Registration

Wikiposts

DV Lottery 2012 Online Registration

Old Oct 28th 2010, 11:36 am
Just Joined

TomONeill is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DV Lottery 2012 Online Registration

Originally Posted by FUB05
Hi guys,

I just submitted my DV lottery entry for 2012 and just realised I made the biggest mistake ever. I actually submitted a photo of myself that is greater than 6 months old. In fact it is 12 months old and was used last year when i applied for DV Lottery 2011. I am thinking this may be grounds for an instant disqualified application. I know its too late to change anything now but just wanted to know if perhaps i may be over reacting? (wishful thinking on my behalf i know)
I don't see how they would know it was an old photo, and I really doubt they bother comparing current entries to old ones.
Old Oct 28th 2010, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

FUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond reputeFUB05 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I can only hope and prey they do not keep records of your old photos considering the millions of applications they must receive each year. But again this is me just hoping beyond hope. And I have not changed a single bit between now and the last year (in fact now and the last 5 years lol)
Old Dec 21st 2010, 10:46 pm
Wherever I lay my hat...

alborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nice

Does anyone know when the next one will be ?
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 12:30 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alborz114
Does anyone know when the next one will be ?
The dates are pretty static year to year... so likely October - November 2011 for DV2013.

Ian
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 12:56 am
Wherever I lay my hat...

alborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nicealborz114 is just really nice

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
The dates are pretty static year to year... so likely October - November 2011 for DV2013.

Ian
Thank you
Old Dec 23rd 2010, 12:31 am
Just Joined

snapple is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TomONeill
I don't see how they would know it was an old photo, and I really doubt they bother comparing current entries to old ones.
Photo files have EXIF data. You can easily find when the picture was taken using this data. I think it is quite easy to search for and flag older photos.
Old Dec 23rd 2010, 12:57 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FUB05
Yeah I can only hope and prey they do not keep records of your old photos considering the millions of applications they must receive each year. But again this is me just hoping beyond hope. And I have not changed a single bit between now and the last year (in fact now and the last 5 years lol)
My OH took an old photo to a visa renewal and they brought up all the photos of him that he'd used in the past onto the computer screen and made him go and get it taken again...a real pain in the butt, so be warned!