DV lottery 2008 interviews?

Old Oct 29th 2007, 11:08 pm
Account Closed

Klara is an unknown quantity at this point
Question DV lottery 2008 interviews?

This might be a long shot but it's now almost the end of October and I am becoming concerned that I still haven't heard anything from the US embassy in London regarding my DV lottery 2008 interview. I got selected and notified in May and immediately sent the completed forms back to the immigration center in Kentucky but since then I have heard nothing. I read somewhere on this forum previously that the interviews are due to begin in October and because of the recent Royal Mail strikes I am worried that a letter from the embassy could have been mislaid, especially since I have noticed someone else on this forum had received their interview notification (interview to be held next month). I realise there is no practical or effective way of contacting the embassy but does anyone have any suggestions or advice as to what I should do? Thanks to anyone who cares to respond.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 4:49 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DV lottery 2008 interviews?

They call the interviews in blocks so it depends where your number is. Early draws go first then they work their way down the list. More people get notified than there are visas, so if you're at the end of the list, you might be SOL, i.e. getting picked in the lottery does not guarantee a visa! PM any other posters who are declaring DV out of London and ask them to give you some idea of the serial number on their letter -- they can give you the last number rounded to the nearest ten if they want to remain more anonymous. When you're number reaches that area, you should be called for interview if there are any visas left.

Generally--and I hope Rete isn't looking--the embassy and their fellow US government bureaucracy couldn't organize a piss up in a brewery. Nor are they accountable for this lack of organization. If you're letter gets lost, you're also probably SOL. Try not to worry about it.
Old Dec 26th 2007, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

shadale is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Klara
This might be a long shot but it's now almost the end of October and I am becoming concerned that I still haven't heard anything from the US embassy in London regarding my DV lottery 2008 interview. I got selected and notified in May and immediately sent the completed forms back to the immigration center in Kentucky but since then I have heard nothing. I read somewhere on this forum previously that the interviews are due to begin in October and because of the recent Royal Mail strikes I am worried that a letter from the embassy could have been mislaid, especially since I have noticed someone else on this forum had received their interview notification (interview to be held next month). I realise there is no practical or effective way of contacting the embassy but does anyone have any suggestions or advice as to what I should do? Thanks to anyone who cares to respond.
My number is 2006AF000158** too and i am yet to receive the 2nd package, when i called i was informed that the schedule interview date is January 14 while current number in the bulletin specify Feb 2008. What can i do without the 2nd package for medical stuff & the rest?
Old Dec 26th 2007, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by shadale
My number is 2006AF000158** too and i am yet to receive the 2nd package, when i called i was informed that the schedule interview date is January 14 while current number in the bulletin specify Feb 2008. What can i do without the 2nd package for medical stuff & the rest?
let somebody help me out!!!
Old Dec 26th 2007, 10:17 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

What can i do without the 2nd package for medical stuff & the rest?
Since we're not mind readers... would you care to tell us where you live? At any rate, even if you don't get anything in the mail... you should still go to the interview.

Ian
Old Dec 27th 2007, 4:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Since we're not mind readers... would you care to tell us where you live? At any rate, even if you don't get anything in the mail... you should still go to the interview.

Ian
Thanks Ian for yr response, I live in Nigeria.. will i be allowed into the consulate without any letter or mail detailing my interview? information i have now is just verbal. how can i secure a writtten document?
Old Dec 27th 2007, 11:59 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... will i be allowed into the consulate without any letter or mail detailing my interview?
I have no idea... why don't you contact the consulate and find out.

Ian
Old Dec 29th 2007, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

georgiaw is just really nicegeorgiaw is just really nicegeorgiaw is just really nicegeorgiaw is just really nicegeorgiaw is just really nicegeorgiaw is just really nicegeorgiaw is just really nicegeorgiaw is just really nice

Originally Posted by Klara
Hi Klara

In your original pack there was a phone number for Kentucky - they don't like you calling but if you explain you've had a problem with your post - they might be willing to look up your records to see if you've been processed. THey process all the applications on a received basis - but they don't start processing until sept 07 - and the interviews in theory can go on until the aug/sept 2008 if I remember correctly -

I'll look up our number and post it to give you some idea of where we were - we were interviewed on the 21st Nov - Ok i've looked up our immigration file - we were originally notified the beginning of april and sent back our info within a week and our number is 87**

I hope that helps - the only issue we had was finding a printers to print the visa photos the correct size... otherwise it was pretty straight forward

take care

Georgia