Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

DS160 questions help - previous waiver

DS160 questions help - previous waiver

Old Oct 16th 2023, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

Ukexpat23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DS160 questions help - previous waiver

Hey folks,

I had to get a waiver of inadmissibility for an L1A visa (received the email to send passport, which I will after a trip I have next week). I'm applying for a B1/2 visa now in case I don't actually end up relocating, and need a way to get in and out of the US for holidays etc.

Bearing this in mind, how does one answer the following on the DS160?
  • Have you ever been issued a U.S. Visa?
    • Yes I guess??
  • Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, or been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry?
    • So the visa is initially refused, pending the waiver. So do we answer this yes?
  • Have you ever been denied travel authorization by the Department of Homeland Security through the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA)?
    • I've never applied for an ESTA and have it refused, but when it was established I needed a waiver of inadmissibility, I noticed the ESTA went to status "Not authorised". So should I answer yes?

Thanks a lot!