Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

DS-260 - wow, that's a lot of addresses

DS-260 - wow, that's a lot of addresses

Old Aug 6th 2016, 12:32 pm
Just Joined

Famous Mortimer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DS-260 - wow, that's a lot of addresses

So, I'm currently filling in the DS-260, which is fine, up to the stage of remembering my old addresses. Bloody hell! I'd forgotten a few of them until I really started wracking my brain.

I just wanted to see if anyone had experiences to share about it. I'm filling in the "where will you be living?" bit...I mean, it'll be my brother-in-law's spare room, but only til I can find a place to rent, so I guess I just put his address in?
Old Aug 6th 2016, 1:01 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DS-260 - wow, that's a lot of addresses

Yes.

Rene
Old Aug 6th 2016, 1:43 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Famous Mortimer
I'm filling in the "where will you be living?"
If you don't know, it's perfectly okay to say so. Enter: unknown. If you do know, enter a city and state. Either way, it's not going to matter on the application form.

Ian
Old Aug 6th 2016, 11:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

dj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond repute

My father was in the Military and we moved around the world, as my parents have both passed I had no clue to the full addresses of houses we lived at, so for example I put RAF Episkopi, Cyprus.
I had zero problems with my vague addresses.
Old Aug 8th 2016, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

carlrush is a glorious beacon of lightcarlrush is a glorious beacon of lightcarlrush is a glorious beacon of lightcarlrush is a glorious beacon of lightcarlrush is a glorious beacon of lightcarlrush is a glorious beacon of lightcarlrush is a glorious beacon of lightcarlrush is a glorious beacon of lightcarlrush is a glorious beacon of lightcarlrush is a glorious beacon of lightcarlrush is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dj6372
My father was in the Military and we moved around the world, as my parents have both passed I had no clue to the full addresses of houses we lived at, so for example I put RAF Episkopi, Cyprus.
I had zero problems with my vague addresses.
I had to guess the timing of some of mine. In my mid-90s student days I lived in 7 houses in 3 years (3 X term time, 3 X stayed behind in the summer, 1 X kicked out!). Google Earth helped jog the memory but I had no problem.

Reading that back in amazed I have a family, responsible job and recently got through the visa process!