DS-230 confusion

Old Nov 19th 2009, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

dave_the_leg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DS-230 confusion

I've recently had my I-130 approved and am now filling in the I-130. I am a little confused about when I sent DS-230 part 1 into the embassy.

london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/iv/ivprocess.html says to send it in promptly and the assemble all the relevant documentation

http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new...iv/ds2001.html seems to be saying that you don't send it in until you've collected all the relevant documentation and are ready to send in the DS-2001.

Anyone know what the right process is?

Thanks
Old Nov 19th 2009, 6:02 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DS-230 confusion

In reality I doubt it makes any difference which way you do it. The Embassy will not schedule the interview until you send back the checklist to say you have all the documentation assembled and are ready for the interview.

If it was me, and I did it this way, I would send back everything at one time. My thoughts were less likelihood of something getting lost at the Embassy if everything went together.
Old Nov 19th 2009, 6:25 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_the_leg
I've recently had my I-130 approved and am now filling in the I-130.
Umm... both of these statements can't be true at the same time.

Ian
Old Nov 19th 2009, 7:28 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Umm... both of these statements can't be true at the same time.

Ian
I think he meant DS-230 at the end of the part you quoted