DS-160 Embassy/Consulate Location

Old Nov 17th 2010, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

pejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default DS-160 Embassy/Consulate Location

I need to go up to Canada to get my H1B..I'm currently on an L1B. I filled in the online DS-160 form and specified Montreal as the consulate location that I would visit, as I had to have that filled in before I could see appointment times...the next available appointment was after the date on my i-94 so I didnt proceed. I then called Toronto and discovered that I could get an appointment a lot earlier, so i have booked an appointment for Jan 10th in Toronto...does anyone know if I need to fill in a new DS-160? I asked the woman on the phone in Toronto, and she said I'd be fine with the one I filled in for Montreal, but she didnt exactly fill me with confidence. Anyone know if she is correct? I cant find anything about it on the website.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

pejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DS-160 Embassy/Consulate Location

found the answer finally so thought I'd post just incase anyone finds themselves in a similar situation. DS-160's are portable. Even though I filled mine in stating Montreal as my intended location, I can use it in any other location without having to get it amended or redone.