DS-160 dilemma

Old Apr 22nd 2019, 1:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

GeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond repute
Default DS-160 dilemma

Hello all,

Wondered if anyone could give me their POV on the situation below;

My wife is returning to the UK to visit the US consulate and apply for her L-2 visa.
Currently she has submitted her DS-160 and booked an appointment for May 17th at the Consulate in Belfast.
We have travel in America booked for 2 weeks later on May 31st so the timings feel a little tight to have her passport returned to her and get back to the US in time.

There are earlier appointments available at the embassy in London and the lawyers (fragomen) have recommended that if we were to reschedule for London it would be wise to submit a new DS-160. We're happy to do that, we're just nervous about introducing any new gremlins into the system, so wondered if we did so do we;

Submit new ds-160 and book fresh new appointment in London associated with that ds-160 code? Then log in to existing appointment and cancel it.
Submit new ds-160 then long in to existing appointment and reschedule it and then somehow change the ds-160 code that this appointment is associated with?
Old Apr 23rd 2019, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

kate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DS-160 dilemma

If I were you I would call the NVC directly. They would give you the best answer. I hope that helps 603-334-0700 ( add dialling code if calling from uk
Old Apr 23rd 2019, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

GeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DS-160 dilemma

For anyone in a similar situation here's how we resolved it;

We were able to log on to the online portal through which we'd made the original booking.
Once we'd cancelled the original appointment we were able to edit the details of the user, including the DS-160 that was associated with the account.
Once we'd made those edits it then prompted us to schedule another appointment which we did for London, earlier than our previous appointment.

No new accounts or new fees required.