dropping the I-130

Old Nov 3rd 2004, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

warpedbored is an unknown quantity at this point
Default dropping the I-130

I have a friend who's wife is here on a K-3 visa. They got an RFE from Nebraska Service Center on their I-130 but it is my understanding that they can drop the I-130 and adjust her status on the K-3 visa. AOS is much easier and faster here in Portland Oregon anyway. Since my wife was K-1 I am not able to answer him with any confidence that I am correct.
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 10:03 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: dropping the I-130

Originally Posted by warpedbored
I have a friend who's wife is here on a K-3 visa. They got an RFE from Nebraska Service Center on their I-130 but it is my understanding that they can drop the I-130 and adjust her status on the K-3 visa. AOS is much easier and faster here in Portland Oregon anyway. Since my wife was K-1 I am not able to answer him with any confidence that I am correct.
Hi:

Wrong. Can only adjust on the I-130. Period. Or an I-360, but I somehow doubt your friend is interested in that. Is his wife?
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

johnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nice

Tell your friend not to try anything to "drop" the I-130. If he reads the AOS application (I-485), he'll notice that the I-130 approval notice is one of the requirements for AOS application. So, he should send whatever is asked on the RFE and continue to wait for the I-130 approval. Once he gets the I-130 approval notice, his wife can file for AOS.
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 2:03 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Think of the 130 as the foundation of the whole process, without it the process doesn't progress.........
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

Megan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by johnandrose
Tell your friend not to try anything to "drop" the I-130. If he reads the AOS application (I-485), he'll notice that the I-130 approval notice is one of the requirements for AOS application. So, he should send whatever is asked on the RFE and continue to wait for the I-130 approval. Once he gets the I-130 approval notice, his wife can file for AOS.

Some states allow petitioners to file for AOS before the I-130 is approved...