Don't make my mistake

Old Dec 22nd 2010, 7:48 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Don't make my mistake

Originally Posted by Haldaman
Oh and I have filed an I-90 as well.
Why? What green card were you replacing?

Rene
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 7:49 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and I have filed an I-90 as well.
That is very likely what is causing this problem.

It would help if you posted a list of what forms you filed, on which dates, and what replies you received.

The only thing I can see right now is filing I-751 AND I-90 has tangled something.
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 7:50 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

The receipt says it was I751 and "if you have not heard from us within 6 months you may contact this office."
I never got another card, eventually it all started when I could not renew my d/licence.
My points in starting this thread were to warn about reading forms and to tell about the slowpoke Texas office. Also the Durham office is not a helpful place.

Yep, thanks Noorah, still waiting....and no way can I afford an attorney on disability!

Its time to bring on the local congress mans office mate
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 7:57 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Haldaman, did you ever go take your photos into the office after your I-751 was approved? (bold below)

At last, yehaa and all that, I got my I-797C Notice of Action letter, so nicely phrased I have to pass it on:
"Your request for the removal of the conditional basis of your permanent resident status has been approved. You are deemed to be a lawful permanent resident of the United States......!"
Having paid over my $200 of course.
Now there's more expense, to get my new alien registration receipt card (I-551) I have to personally attend the (local?) INS office with 3 photos complying with the new regulations, they don't want to see everyone's right ear any more. This is 8 hours away in Charlotte, and I hear it actually snows there, dang it. I came over here to the Crystal Coast to avoid all that wet cold stuff! And it will mean making an appointment when daughter doesn't have college and staying overnight in Charlotte.
The office is on Tyvola Centre Drive, can anyone help with rough directions and a reasonable hotel nearby?
Can't wait to see my new ARRC, which "will be mailed within six months...."

We had an issue at I-751 approval, where the case was sent to storage instead of card production (basically the same point you're discussing in that old post above). If you did not go to the office with the photos, it's possible that the card production order (for the IR-1, 10 year card) was never made.
You then filed I-90 to generate the card, and they don't understand why because your 'card' is not expired, to them.

That's my guess o' the minute.
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 8:15 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

One way to get USCIS to straighten out your PR status quickly would be to apply for citizenship.

Regards, JEff

Read the Action Forms!
I came in permanently in 2003, did everything legally, got my green card, married my Southern Lady and looked forward to being in NC for the rest of my life as due to COPD I am deteriorating gradually, now on oxygen and cant fly any more. Got all the paperwork from USCIS and thought that was it, but missed the bit that says to renew card after two years. Some years later my NC driving licence expired and renewal was refused as no current green card. That was in 2008 and I have been trying to renew card and licence ever since.
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

Haldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to all

OK here's a list of what I have.
12/17/03 Welcome notice on entry as permanent resident.
12/08/05 removal of condional status approved. Need to get new card (I551), make appt with Charlotte office with 3 photos and passport. New card will be mailed within 6 months.
9/23/05 Receipt for $200 for Form I751. I am quite sure I would only have sent $200 if asked! Card extended 12 months, processing will require minimum of 120 days, may contact office in 6 months.
6/29/06 First infopass appt at Charlotte office.
7/31/08 I contacted Texas centre for info.
9/2/08 removal of condional status approved. Need to get new card, make appt with local office.
10/23/08 Infopass at Durham.
10/24/08 I have copy of I90 I would only have sent on request.
427/09 I contacted office, letter says due to high volume of requests there are delays, there is no I90 in the system.
4/29/09 Letter telling me to go through Durham office, case is I751
6/9/09 Appt made at Durham, I attended and my passport was stamped with a 12 month extension, photos and prints taken.
7/6/09 Appt to have prints retaken as FBI unable to process them. Appt later cancelled.
8/18/09 Letter says they are "actively processing my I751 case"
11/28/09 technicians came here and took more prints
12.24.09 Sent appt for biometrics to be taken again! After a flurry of calls (yes I managed to talk to a real person at Durham office, until she got moved), appt was cancelled.
Since then calls have only said to wait for Texas center.
So there you are. It's hardly worth while making any more fuss, except that if I ever get officially asked for my alien card I only have my correspondence! But I dont go out a lot, in fact I went to the local court once and was never asked for proof of anything.

God is definitely great this Christmas
Wine is also good
People in USCIS are overworked!!
Martin

Last edited by Haldaman; Dec 22nd 2010 at 8:35 pm.
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

Haldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
[/B]

Its time to bring on the local congress mans office mate
Good idea, even though they are all Republicans here........
I may well try that next year to give him something constructive to do!
Merry Christmas
martin
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks all for your suggestions, hope I did not confuse y'all too much!
Merry Christmas and happy 2011
Martin, Carolyn and Bumble (see pets thread!)
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 9:58 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Good idea, even though they are all Republicans here........
I may well try that next year to give him something constructive to do!
Merry Christmas
martin
I used them as have a few others on BE they were wonderful to me and I used the Republican folk
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 11:46 pm

OK here's a list of what I have.
12/17/03 Welcome notice on entry as permanent resident.

9/23/05 Receipt for $200 for Form I751. I am quite sure I would only have sent $200 if asked! Card extended 12 months, processing will require minimum of 120 days, may contact office in 6 months.

12/08/05 removal of condional status approved. Need to get new card (I551), make appt with Charlotte office with 3 photos and passport. New card will be mailed within 6 months.

6/29/06 First infopass appt at Charlotte office.

7/31/08 I contacted Texas centre for info.

9/2/08 removal of condional status approved. Need to get new card, make appt with local office.

Those two bold items.. what is up with that? They are the same activity, but three years apart? Are the A#s the same? Can you tell anything else different about them?

Then the red items. You were told in December that you needed to turn in photos to get card production going, and that onee you did, the card would be mailed w/in 6 months.
You then waited 6 months before appearing at the office with the photos.

Two years later, you contacted TSC? How? They don't take correspondence from outside usually. What did you tell them, and what did they tell you?

10/23/08 Infopass at Durham.

10/24/08 I have copy of I90 I would only have sent on request.
I will *guess* that at your InfoPass appt, someone told you to file for a LOST in the mail card? There should not have been a fee associated with that but I can understand if you were charged one.

4/27/09 I contacted office, letter says due to high volume of requests there are delays, there is no I90 in the system.
I wonder what the high volume of requests was all about. At that point, your card production is several years late.

4/29/09 Letter telling me to go through Durham office, case is I751
6/9/09 Appt made at Durham, I attended and my passport was stamped with a 12 month extension, photos and prints taken.
7/6/09 Appt to have prints retaken as FBI unable to process them. Appt later cancelled.
You moved, and have a new district office, correct?
So at that point (7/6/09), you do not have current biometrics with them.. nothing can go forward from there until they get your fingerprints.

8/18/09 Letter says they are "actively processing my I751 case"
The one that has already been approved twice, going back over a period of 4 years? That makes no sense (from them) There is nothing left to be actively processing.. you need card production!

11/28/09 technicians came here and took more prints
12.24.09 Sent appt for biometrics to be taken again! After a flurry of calls (yes I managed to talk to a real person at Durham office, until she got moved), appt was cancelled.
Since then calls have only said to wait for Texas center.
Texas should not have it any more if they have approved it twice.

I don't know what to tell you. You need to make a coherent case to them at your local office and I always find it easier if I can speak to someone who can actually do something, in person. I realize this may not be an option for you.

So there you are. It's hardly worth while making any more fuss, except that if I ever get officially asked for my alien card I only have my correspondence! But I dont go out a lot, in fact I went to the local court once and was never asked for proof of anything.
It's not that much of a fuss (I mean, technically it is, but in reality) if you do not need to travel, are not applying for employment and don't drive (if you get pulled over it could get sticky eventually).

One tactic would be to make an InfoPass appointment to get a current I-551 stamp in your passport. You are responsible for making sure that you have proof of your status with you. That proof can be the green card or a stamp in your passport.
That appointment would be the opportunity to speak with someone in person and ask them to order card production for you. There is an internal form they use to order that (can't remember the number now) which is NOT I-90.

JEff's solution is also good. If you are going to stay here for the duration, if your health is declining, it might be in your best interests to naturalize. It will make some gov't benefits available to you should you need them.