Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Don't know whether to be pleased or insulted

Wikiposts

Don't know whether to be pleased or insulted

Old Sep 12th 2006, 1:23 am
Forum Regular

norfolkbroad is a splendid one to beholdnorfolkbroad is a splendid one to beholdnorfolkbroad is a splendid one to beholdnorfolkbroad is a splendid one to beholdnorfolkbroad is a splendid one to beholdnorfolkbroad is a splendid one to beholdnorfolkbroad is a splendid one to beholdnorfolkbroad is a splendid one to beholdnorfolkbroad is a splendid one to beholdnorfolkbroad is a splendid one to beholdnorfolkbroad is a splendid one to behold
Default Don't know whether to be pleased or insulted

Yesterday I had to go to my CU and whilst there decided to order more cheques. I use about one a month for the annoying bill which I can't pay on-line so I haven't ordered new cheques for years.

The teller asked me in a conspiratorial tone, "Are you over 50?" Wondering if this was a trick question, I answered truthfully, well yes I am. "In that case you get free cheques," she replied.

So do I feel insulted because I honestly don't believe I don't look 50 (well, I'm a bit beyond that) or be pleased that I'm saving a couple of bucks?

However, maybe your bank or CU will do the same if you want to own up to your age!!
Old Sep 12th 2006, 1:25 am

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Don't know whether to be pleased or insulted

Take it - be pleased!
I get free cheques anyway. I couldnt beleive it when I heard that some banks charge for cheques! Its like paying a fee for a credit card - **** that