Wikiposts

Done for a while

Old Jun 19th 2008, 1:15 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Done for a while

Originally Posted by columbiagrads
thanks!!

(since we're in New York City I guess we didn't need to know what that stood for afterall! But it's good to know )

Oh you will need to know all the abbreviations for the USCIS centers.

CSC = California Service Center
VSC = Vermont
TSC = Texas
NSC = Nebraska
NVC = National Visa Center
Chicago Lockbox = very very important to know
ASC = Application Support Center (used for biometrics)

DO = district office (for you 26 Federal Plaza - New York City)
Old Jun 19th 2008, 1:17 am
Just Joined

columbiagrads is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
Oh you will need to know all the abbreviations for the USCIS centers.

CSC = California Service Center
VSC = Vermont
TSC = Texas
NSC = Nebraska
NVC = National Visa Center
Chicago Lockbox = very very important to know
ASC = Application Support Center (used for biometrics)

DO = district office (for you 26 Federal Plaza - New York City)
thank you!

wow... all of you are so incredibly helpful! this whole process is going to be much less painful than I originally thought

thanks again all!
Old Jun 19th 2008, 1:22 am
BE Enthusiast

English Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond repute

thanks!!

(since we're in New York City I guess we didn't need to know what that stood for afterall! But it's good to know )
As you're adjusting from F1 your application won't go to CSC, it will go to your local office and you will be interviewed. People adjusting from K visas often get approved without interview and it's those petitions that are sent to CSC. Hope this clears things up for you a bit.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 1:39 am
Just Joined

columbiagrads is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by English Muffin
As you're adjusting from F1 your application won't go to CSC, it will go to your local office and you will be interviewed. People adjusting from K visas often get approved without interview and it's those petitions that are sent to CSC. Hope this clears things up for you a bit.
I think so... does that I mean I will have 2 interviews: one to adjust from F1, and one with my soon-to-be husband (the USC) after we file the I-130?
Old Jun 19th 2008, 1:41 am
BE Enthusiast

English Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond repute

I think so... does that I mean I will have 2 interviews: one to adjust from F1, and one with my soon-to-be husband (the USC) after we file the I-130?
I believe you'll just have the one interview to adjust your status. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 2:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by English Muffin
Actually, the order of events is that a simple-appearing K adjustment gets sent to the CSC for processing. Usually they are then approved without interview. But a few are sent back to the local office for interview.

So just because it's transferred doesn't mean there won't be an interview - but it does mean that an interview is very unlikely.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 11:51 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

You'll have just one interview. It will be for your adjustment of status. That interview can happen within just a few months of submitting the AOS package, or up to a year later...depends on the backlog at your local office.

You mentioned an I-130, but make sure you file the whole complete AOS pacakge (more than just the I-130 form). Ask here if you don't know what that all entails.

Once the AOS paperwork is accepted by USCIS, your status goes from F1 to "pending AOS". Your status won't be completely adjusted to Permanent Resident until you get approved at your interview.

Oh, and AOS = Adjustment of Status.

Rene