Wikiposts

does USCIS miss my file?

Old Jun 27th 2004, 10:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

anggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really nice
Default does USCIS miss my file?

hi there.
just checked out the USCIS website, looking at Charlotte NC district office processing date.

it says for I-485: now processing cases with receipt notice date of may 30, 2004.

i have receipt of I-485 (along with EAD receipt) back in Sept 2003. and nothing new coming.

whats that mean? did they miss my file? should i be interviewed for AOS by now?? if so, what can i do?

thanks before!

anggraeni
Old Jul 4th 2004, 6:24 am
Just Joined

eilis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: does USCIS miss my file?

Anggraeni,

I also have a receipt date of Sept 2003 from Charlotte and I'm almost certain that the posted date is a typo Last month they were working on May 2003, and I can't see any way they would have jumped forward a year in just one month. Unfortunately.

The new processing dates should be up in a couple of weeks and hopefully they will at least be ACCURATE.

Have you received your EAD yet? I got my interim EAD in February and I'm getting a little worried because it expires in October. They told me when I got the interim that I would get an appointment by mail for the "real" EAD, but so far, nothing.

Liz
Old Jul 5th 2004, 10:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

anggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really nice
Default Re: does USCIS miss my file?

Originally posted by eilis
Have you received your EAD yet? I got my interim EAD in February and I'm getting a little worried because it expires in October. They told me when I got the interim that I would get an appointment by mail for the "real" EAD, but so far, nothing.

Liz
Hi Liz. thanks for your reply.
I called up the 1-800 number about a week ago and asked the officer there to check my file to Charlotte. well i dont count too much from him though. but he said it might take a month to hear from Charlotte, if the date posted on their website (about AOS) is the REAL one.

About the EAD, actually i had to go get my interim EAD too. but as far as i remember the actual appointment letter for EAD came about a month after that. mine is expiring on August. I think i will make a new one soon, even though i am not working.

Have a nice day, Liz. Keep in touch!
anggraeni