Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Does my wife need to apply for a Visa??

Does my wife need to apply for a Visa??

Old Jan 23rd 2014, 4:13 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does my wife need to apply for a Visa??

Originally Posted by daniel.thomas10
Should I tick no to cimt on the ESTA???
You don't mean "I", right? You mean "my wife".

Scroll up and read Post #6 again.

Rene
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 4:55 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Should I tick no to cimt on the ESTA???
You don't tick anything. Your wife does... but, yes - she can tick "no" to the arrest question involving CIMT.

Ian
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 5:07 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You don't tick anything. Your wife does... but, yes - she can tick "no" to the arrest question involving CIMT.

Ian
Would that not depend on the nature of the assault?
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 5:08 am
Forum Regular

daniel.thomas10 is an unknown quantity at this point

im going to be filling it in.... my wife cant use a computer to save her life

Last edited by daniel.thomas10; Jan 23rd 2014 at 5:14 am.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

just a after thought, She was issued a visa about 8 years ago, So will boarder control be expecting to see one????

(old one was lost, post 1)
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 7:08 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

just a after thought, She was issued a visa about 8 years ago, So will boarder control be expecting to see one????
No.

Rene
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 7:17 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Border control will be expecting to see a visa if the last one has a waiver annotation on it. Still haven't answered that question and all we have is a vague account about nursery school without any details as to that charge.

It's possible that being arrested for attempting to cheat the counsel out of benefits could be a CIMT arrest even if it was subsequently tossed out.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 7:19 am
Account Closed

Sounds like Fraud.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by crg
Border control will be expecting to see a visa if the last one has a waiver annotation on it. Still haven't answered that question and all we have is a vague account about nursery school without any details as to that charge.

It's possible that being arrested for attempting to cheat the counsel out of benefits could be a CIMT arrest even if it was subsequently tossed out.

sorry thought I answered it in post 12

Our son started nursery and we forget to inform the council. Not sure why this was a problem. If we had we would have been paid a few extra quid.
Well turns out it was a problem and she was issued a letter to attend court. But it did say she did not need to attend and it would take place with out her.
Any way 2 days later... Police turn up with her photo on a bit of paper and put her in a cell for the night

There was no attempt to cheat the council out of money, We where claiming for 1 child when we should have been claiming for 2, They owed us money (one of the reasons it was thrown out of court) The council did a spot check and the paper work showed we had one child in full time care not 2. So there records where not correct..... I think they thought we where trying to do them out of money. But this was not the case,
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 8:24 am
Account Closed

Yet again answer the ESTA questions truthfully, as they are written, not how you would like them to be.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Boiler
Yet again answer the ESTA questions truthfully, as they are written, not how you would like them to be.
Will do, Do I need to do a ESTA for my 2 children??? (age 5 & 7 at time of travel)
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 8:37 am
Account Closed

Are they going?
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

yep
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 8:39 am
Account Closed

Then yep
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 8:47 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

sorry thought I answered it in post 12

Our son started nursery and we forget to inform the council. Not sure why this was a problem. If we had we would have been paid a few extra quid.
Well turns out it was a problem and she was issued a letter to attend court. But it did say she did not need to attend and it would take place with out her.
Any way 2 days later... Police turn up with her photo on a bit of paper and put her in a cell for the night

There was no attempt to cheat the council out of money, We where claiming for 1 child when we should have been claiming for 2, They owed us money (one of the reasons it was thrown out of court) The council did a spot check and the paper work showed we had one child in full time care not 2. So there records where not correct..... I think they thought we where trying to do them out of money. But this was not the case,
It doesn't matter if there wasn't an attempt to cheat the counsel. It comes down to whether or not she was arrested on suspicion of cheating the counsel out of money. Even if ultimately dismissed, the question asks about CIMT arrests. Being arrested on suspicion of cheating someone out of money is almost certainly a CIMT arrest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.