British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   does anyone know if H1base is real or scam (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/does-anyone-know-if-h1base-real-scam-436849/)

Not for re-sale Mar 23rd 2007 4:32 pm

does anyone know if H1base is real or scam

Hi Everyone. I am thinking to work in USA and I am currently from UK. I came across this website H1base who basically said they will provide H1b visa and a proper job but you have to pay a sum of money like about £200 which is about $380 dollars. Has anyone ever worked with them or had dealings with them. Can anyone advise me if this is a real company and not someone trying to squeeze money out of us with no end product. Thanks

cabritpop Mar 23rd 2007 4:34 pm

Re: does anyone know if H1base is real or scam

I would bet on it being the latter.

Not for re-sale Mar 23rd 2007 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by cabritpop (Post 4552209)
I would bet on it being the latter.

really? Have you had any dealings with them? I thought the website looked too good.

cabritpop Mar 23rd 2007 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by Not for re-sale (Post 4552251)
really? Have you had any dealings with them? I thought the website looked too good.

No, far from it. If it looks to good to be true, it probably is. (Especially regarding anything to do with the United States)

Hang around though, someone else will likely be along with better advice for you.

scrubbedexpat099 Mar 23rd 2007 4:56 pm

They change your CV into a US Resume format, tart it up and then e mail it to US Companies.

If you want that service, fair enough. If you expect to get a job out of it, that's another thing entirely.

They do not provide Visa's, you need an Employer for that.

Pony Mar 23rd 2007 4:58 pm

You decide:
http://www.h1base.com/page.asp?id=23
6.3 No Guaranty of Results. H1 Base makes no representations or guarantees regarding the effectiveness or timeliness of the Site in meeting the Member’s U.S. immigration, visa, and employment objectives.

Originally Posted by Not for re-sale (Post 4552202)
Hi Everyone. I am thinking to work in USA and I am currently from UK. I came across this website H1base who basically said they will provide H1b visa and a proper job but you have to pay a sum of money like about £200 which is about $380 dollars. Has anyone ever worked with them or had dealings with them. Can anyone advise me if this is a real company and not someone trying to squeeze money out of us with no end product. Thanks

Not for re-sale Mar 23rd 2007 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by Pony (Post 4552285)
You decide:
6.3 No Guaranty of Results. H1 Base makes no representations or guarantees regarding the effectiveness or timeliness of the Site in meeting the Member’s U.S. immigration, visa, and employment objectives.

Thanks for the reply..thats interesting because in one of their packages they say Visa guarantee in which you have to pay more.

Not for re-sale Mar 23rd 2007 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by Boiler (Post 4552274)
They change your CV into a US Resume format, tart it up and then e mail it to US Companies.

If you want that service, fair enough. If you expect to get a job out of it, that's another thing entirely.

They do not provide Visa's, you need an Employer for that.

Thanks for reply. I was expecting them to do what their website says, which was inclusive of a job and a visa, with different packages included aswell with the rate at which a h1b visa will be given e.g fast track package. I think I understand. thanks

Paul S Mar 23rd 2007 5:32 pm

You decide:

you'd think with what they charge they could afford a spill chuckler:lol:

Not for re-sale Mar 23rd 2007 5:34 pm

You decide:

thanks for the reply... i have read their website but never took the time to read every terms and conditon.:unsure:

thanks guys, you saved me alot of heart ache. My boyfriend is there and wants me to join him after few months. But im not having much luck finding a job or an employer:frown: in USA. If H1 base just changes my CV to US format and mails it to employers dont think thats worth the price of £200. But I am getting really worried now and desprate.
Anyways thanks all...if anyone has any advise on how to resolve this please tell me.

Bob Mar 23rd 2007 5:34 pm

like all those other places promising an H1B...you might as well do the job hunting yourself.

Not for re-sale Mar 23rd 2007 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by Paul S (Post 4552390)
you'd think with what they charge they could afford a spill chuckler:lol:

lolzzz:ohmy: thats soo true lolzz

Bob Mar 23rd 2007 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by Not for re-sale (Post 4552396)
Anyways thanks all...if anyone has any advise on how to resolve this please tell me.

you got a degree and experience?

tried a student visa?

have a read of the ways in in the article, up in the wiki.

scrubbedexpat099 Mar 23rd 2007 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by Not for re-sale (Post 4552374)
Thanks for reply. I was expecting them to do what their website says, which was inclusive of a job and a visa, with different packages included aswell with the rate at which a h1b visa will be given e.g fast track package. I think I understand. thanks

They do not say they will provide a job, they may imply it.

mikec81 Mar 23rd 2007 5:52 pm

I used H1Base about a year ago and they were pretty useless to the honest. I dont think I paid as much as £200, although the service I got was nearly non existent.
For the fee I paid, I basically got a list of employers that the Company was aware of that offered H1B jobs. They did not really provide me with any specific advice on the procedure (and difficulty!) involved in getting a H1B.
I also found that there was no immiediate contact details for any individual within the Company, and it did not seem that there was much organisation behind the quite impressive website.
As the earlier posts have suggested, if it makes the process look easy, it is misleading. The process is anything but straightforward....