British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   Documenting foreign travel for Natz interview without stamps on passport (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/documenting-foreign-travel-natz-interview-without-stamps-passport-914698/)

jxv73 Jul 7th 2018 6:41 pm

Documenting foreign travel for Natz interview without stamps on passport

Dear experts - I have my naturalization interview coming up next month. I obtained Global Entry 2 years ago and since my passport has not been stamped upon entry into the US. The USCIS website states that I should bring

All valid and expired passports and travel documents issued to you that document your absences from the United States since becoming a permanent resident..
I wonder if this has been an issue for prior applicants with global entry and if they took any particular action. I did find that CBP has a list of entries and departures but mine is incomplete. Further by its very terms the website says the travel history tool is not an official record for legal purposes.

Noorah101 Jul 7th 2018 6:47 pm

Re: Documenting foreign travel for Natz interview without stamps on passport

It says to bring what you have. You can't bring what you don't have, so should not be an issue.

Rene

jxv73 Jul 9th 2018 10:37 am

Thank you Noorah. I don't know if others have experience with this matter? Should I go back and print every flight receipt?

civilservant Jul 9th 2018 1:08 pm

I have only left the US for 5 days (cruise to the Bahamas) and I won't be able to provide any documentation. Honestly I didn't remember to retain it.

Noorah101 Jul 9th 2018 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by jxv73 (Post 12529649)
Should I go back and print every flight receipt?

No, that won't be necessary.

Rene

Rete Jul 9th 2018 2:49 pm

You can guesstimate. Some foreign travel doesn't involve I-94's. For example when we would go to Canada to visit the in-laws we drove. Of course, there was no I-94 issued to a PR returning to the US after a trip 'abroad' in this instance. We estimated the number of days he was away. As long as it is not close to the 6 month make in one year, they are fine with the lack of evidence.

sun_burn Jul 9th 2018 9:55 pm

For my interview this week, I'm carrying a printout of my CBP I94 record. They have all your exit and entry data even if you have no passport stamps.

https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/

jxv73 Jul 9th 2018 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by sun_burn (Post 12530034)
For my interview this week, I'm carrying a printout of my CBP I94 record. They have all your exit and entry data even if you have no passport stamps.

https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/

Thanks, I got mine but there are missing items. For example, my most two recent items are both arrivals!

civilservant Jul 9th 2018 10:34 pm

Mine is my original arrival on my I-130 - my entry after the cruise is not recorded.

sun_burn Jul 9th 2018 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by jxv73 (Post 12530058)
Thanks, I got mine but there are missing items. For example, my most two recent items are both arrivals!

That's really strange. I've no idea how that works. All my international flights have been through SFO or SJC, and they all registered on my record quickly. Maybe it works out differently with land crossings or sea travel, and the departure record is updated with a greater delay.

jxv73 Aug 13th 2018 8:23 pm

OK, I completed my interview. The officer looked at the excel spreadsheet I brought with my updated travel, and took at face value. Did not request any other documents.

TimandRae Aug 16th 2018 6:57 pm

They can also look up when you left the country. When I did my interview I had messed a couple of the dates of trips up and the officer asked, "Did you mean to put xxx date?".

kateinbrooklyn Aug 16th 2018 9:15 pm

You do not need proof other than your list of trips. The officers already know exactly when and where you traveled!

TheKingOfHearts Aug 17th 2018 2:35 am

You won't need it, but for reference that printed slip that you get when you use a GE machine (not the one with your fuzzy black and white photograph) actually serves as your passport stamp, for future reference you should keep ahold of those (well, less relevant when you're a USC I suppose)