Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Document and visiting US questions

Document and visiting US questions

Old May 4th 2021, 1:59 am
Just Joined

SpookieJr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Document and visiting US questions

Hi everyone, it has been a while since my last post, but since then we have been trying to get the required paperwork together in order to submit the I-130 form.
I do have a couple quick questions and was hoping to get some queries resolved.
1) As I am applying under the family visa we required the marriage certificate between my mother and father, neither of them had one so we had to order a copy from the government website. It is due to arrive any day now but my main question is, is there anything specific on the marriage certificate that they look for to check for authenticity? And if so would a copy from the government provide us with the required authentication?
2) Given the amount of time we expect to wait in order to be approved I have decided to book a flight over to stay with family for a while in the summer before my final year at University. We know there is a cutoff point where I would no longer be allowed into the United States during my application process, but which point is it exactly? And is it likely to happen while I'm on holiday in the United States?
Cheers guys
Old May 4th 2021, 2:11 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Document and visiting US questions

2. There is no cutoff point. You are legally allowed to visit the USA during the entire time your petition/ application is in the system

Rene
Old May 4th 2021, 11:41 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Document and visiting US questions

As long as you are otherwise eligible (VWP/B2, any COVID restrictions etc) then you are free to present yourself for inspection and entry to the US at any time during your application. Note that I say 'present yourself for inspection', because no one by a US Citizen has an automatic right to entry into the US. The CBP Officer will need to satisfy themselves that you intend to comply with the entry requirements for your admission.