Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Do You Want to Become a US Citizen?

Wikiposts

Do You Want to Become a US Citizen?

Old May 9th 2011, 11:54 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Do You Want to Become a US Citizen?

06 May 2011
Do You Want to Become a US Citizen? USCIS Can Help You With the Process

Are you or someone you know wondering what is required to become a US citizen? Are you considering naturalization? If you are, you should know that USCIS has a wealth of resources to guide you through the process.

Are You Eligible?

First, you will need to determine if you are eligible to apply for citizenship. USCIS offers a Naturalization Requirements information sheet that explains the requirements for citizenship and a Naturalization Eligibility Worksheet.

It is important that you confirm your eligibility before you apply, as USCIS will not refund your application and biometric fees if your application is denied.

Applying

Once you’ve determined you are eligible to apply, you will need to complete and file a Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.

To guide you as you apply, USCIS provides a short “How Do I?” guide on how to apply for citizenship and a more extensive Guide to Naturalization.

Be sure to read the form instructions and completely fill out and sign your form before you mail it. USCIS also offers filing tips to help you avoid common mistakes.

Preparing for the Interview and Test

The USCIS Citizenship Resource Center provides a wide variety of materials to help you prepare for the interview and naturalization test including study materials for both the English and civics portions of the test.

In addition, USCIS has posted a YouTube video about the interview and test:

Oath Ceremony

If you are approved, you will either have the opportunity to participate in an oath ceremony the same day or you will be scheduled for an oath ceremony at a later time.
Old May 10th 2011, 12:24 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do You Want to Become a US Citizen?

Originally Posted by meauxna
In addition, USCIS has posted a YouTube video about the interview and test:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SDb9_CqPU...el_video_title
What a good video. Although I question one or two bits, I was generally impressed!

Ian
Old May 10th 2011, 1:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do You Want to Become a US Citizen?

Great video and gave me an insight of what would be involved in the process. Long way to go for me though, got to get Permanent Residency first Thanks for taking the time to post that