Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Do they take Pictures during Biometrics?

Do they take Pictures during Biometrics?

Old Oct 11th 2007, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

khai ko is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Do they take Pictures during Biometrics?

In a I-485/I-765 appointment for biometrics, do they take photographs along with the 10 fingerprints? Or do they use the pics that were sent with the application package and publish those pics in the EAD card and Green Card?
Old Oct 11th 2007, 3:37 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do they take Pictures during Biometrics?

Originally Posted by khai ko
In a I-485/I-765 appointment for biometrics, do they take photographs along with the 10 fingerprints? Or do they use the pics that were sent with the application package and publish those pics in the EAD card and Green Card?
For the I-485 biometrics, they take a full set of 10-digit fingerprints, but no picture.

For the I-765 biometrics, they take a 1-digit fingerprint and a photo.

In my husband's case, it was the picture they took at his I-765 biometrics which showed up on both is EAD card and his green card.

Rene
Old Oct 11th 2007, 3:40 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
For the I-485 biometrics, they take a full set of 10-digit fingerprints, but no picture.

For the I-765 biometrics, they take a 1-digit fingerprint and a photo.

In my husband's case, it was the picture they took at his I-765 biometrics which showed up on both is EAD card and his green card.

Rene
I should also mention for his removal of conditions (I-751) biometrics, they did a 10-digit fingerpting and a photo. It was that photo which showed up on his 10-year green card.

None of the passport-style photos we sent in with the various applications were used for anything except to keep his file, evidently.

Rene
Old Oct 11th 2007, 4:04 am
Forum Regular

LadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud ofLadyKat1974 has much to be proud of

I beg to differ with you Renee, when I had my biometrics taken I didnt apply for the I-765 but I was filing for I-485 and I had all 10fingerprints taken and a picture was taken at the time.
Old Oct 11th 2007, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by LadyKat1974
I beg to differ with you Renee, when I had my biometrics taken I didnt apply for the I-765 but I was filing for I-485 and I had all 10fingerprints taken and a picture was taken at the time.
Ah, so maybe they take a photo no matter what, to be used on the green card.

Rene
Old Oct 11th 2007, 12:17 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, so maybe they take a photo no matter what, to be used on the green card.

Rene

Or maybe the ASC LK went to does things differently. Or perhaps the methodology has changed for the manufacture of the original green card.

They did not take a pic when Jim had did bios for I-751 in 2003, we brought them with the letter to the local district office, nor did they do a photo for the naturalization bio. Just the ten digit prints. They used the submitted photos for the naturalization certificate. However, again this was 2003. So much may have changed since then.

Last edited by Rete; Oct 11th 2007 at 3:52 pm.
Old Oct 11th 2007, 2:47 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Rene,

My wife had a photo taken at her I-485 biometrics appointment 3 years ago, as did my stepson.

The current I-485 instructions say, in the biometrics section, that a photo may be taken "If necessary", but does not say what might make it necessary.

Regards, JEff

Rene
Old Oct 11th 2007, 2:53 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Rete,

Yes, things have changed. 'Passport' photos are no longer called for in the I-751 instructions, the photo for the I-551 is taken along with the fingerprints at the biometrics appointment.

Haven't gotten to naturalization yet - that will be next year's great adventure.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Rete

They did not take a pic when Jim had did bios for I-751 in 2003, we brought them with the letter to the local district office, nor did they do a photo for the naturalization bio. Just the ten digit prints. They used the submitted photos for the naturalization certificate. However, again this was 2003. So much may have changed since then.
Old Oct 12th 2007, 7:05 pm
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold

I had my pics done twice, thankfully

the first one had really bad hair