British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   Do they take Pictures during Biometrics? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/do-they-take-pictures-during-biometrics-486576/)

khai ko Oct 11th 2007 3:32 am

Do they take Pictures during Biometrics?

In a I-485/I-765 appointment for biometrics, do they take photographs along with the 10 fingerprints? Or do they use the pics that were sent with the application package and publish those pics in the EAD card and Green Card?

Noorah101 Oct 11th 2007 3:37 am

Re: Do they take Pictures during Biometrics?

Originally Posted by khai ko (Post 5411313)
In a I-485/I-765 appointment for biometrics, do they take photographs along with the 10 fingerprints? Or do they use the pics that were sent with the application package and publish those pics in the EAD card and Green Card?

For the I-485 biometrics, they take a full set of 10-digit fingerprints, but no picture.

For the I-765 biometrics, they take a 1-digit fingerprint and a photo.

In my husband's case, it was the picture they took at his I-765 biometrics which showed up on both is EAD card and his green card.

Rene

Noorah101 Oct 11th 2007 3:40 am

Originally Posted by Noorah101 (Post 5411325)
For the I-485 biometrics, they take a full set of 10-digit fingerprints, but no picture.

For the I-765 biometrics, they take a 1-digit fingerprint and a photo.

In my husband's case, it was the picture they took at his I-765 biometrics which showed up on both is EAD card and his green card.

Rene

I should also mention for his removal of conditions (I-751) biometrics, they did a 10-digit fingerpting and a photo. It was that photo which showed up on his 10-year green card.

None of the passport-style photos we sent in with the various applications were used for anything except to keep his file, evidently.

Rene

LadyKat1974 Oct 11th 2007 4:04 am

I beg to differ with you Renee, when I had my biometrics taken I didnt apply for the I-765 but I was filing for I-485 and I had all 10fingerprints taken and a picture was taken at the time.

Noorah101 Oct 11th 2007 5:04 am

Originally Posted by LadyKat1974 (Post 5411368)
I beg to differ with you Renee, when I had my biometrics taken I didnt apply for the I-765 but I was filing for I-485 and I had all 10fingerprints taken and a picture was taken at the time.

Ah, so maybe they take a photo no matter what, to be used on the green card.

Rene

Rete Oct 11th 2007 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by Noorah101 (Post 5411475)
Ah, so maybe they take a photo no matter what, to be used on the green card.

Rene

Or maybe the ASC LK went to does things differently. Or perhaps the methodology has changed for the manufacture of the original green card.

They did not take a pic when Jim had did bios for I-751 in 2003, we brought them with the letter to the local district office, nor did they do a photo for the naturalization bio. Just the ten digit prints. They used the submitted photos for the naturalization certificate. However, again this was 2003. So much may have changed since then.

jeffreyhy Oct 11th 2007 2:47 pm

Rene,

My wife had a photo taken at her I-485 biometrics appointment 3 years ago, as did my stepson.

The current I-485 instructions say, in the biometrics section, that a photo may be taken "If necessary", but does not say what might make it necessary.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Noorah101 (Post 5411325)

Rene

jeffreyhy Oct 11th 2007 2:53 pm

Rete,

Yes, things have changed. 'Passport' photos are no longer called for in the I-751 instructions, the photo for the I-551 is taken along with the fingerprints at the biometrics appointment.

Haven't gotten to naturalization yet - that will be next year's great adventure.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Rete (Post 5412726)

They did not take a pic when Jim had did bios for I-751 in 2003, we brought them with the letter to the local district office, nor did they do a photo for the naturalization bio. Just the ten digit prints. They used the submitted photos for the naturalization certificate. However, again this was 2003. So much may have changed since then.

souls canuck Oct 12th 2007 7:05 pm

I had my pics done twice, thankfully

the first one had really bad hair ;)