Do petitions ever get lost?

Old Aug 20th 2003, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

saidsgirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Do petitions ever get lost?

Question:

Do files ever get lost after the approval and before the NVC? Lost somewhere in a big, black hole.....?

It has been nearly a month since our approval and still NVC does not have the file. Congressman is checking Texas to see what they have done with it.

What is done if the file cannot be found? Certainly they must offer some sort of consideration for their negligence.

~k
Old Aug 21st 2003, 1:32 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Do petitions ever get lost?

Originally posted by saidsgirl
Question:

Do files ever get lost after the approval and before the NVC? Lost somewhere in a big, black hole.....?

It has been nearly a month since our approval and still NVC does not have the file. Congressman is checking Texas to see what they have done with it.

What is done if the file cannot be found? Certainly they must offer some sort of consideration for their negligence.

~k
Ah, TSC! They don't "lose" petitions, they just "fall through the cracks". Ours apparently did, (before approval), although I can't really bitch, as we weren't waiting even half as long as most of the people here. We weren't even over our 60-90 day timeline, but that's what we were told by the Congress office we contacted, and they also said we should've been approved well before we actually were. Keep in close contact with your rep and make sure they're keeping on top of it, and they'll find out what's going on.
Kate. xxxx
Old Aug 21st 2003, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

anyone....???

has anyone ever had to re-file? or send in papers all over again? or does anyone know what happens if these "service" centers lose your file?

help......

~kristine
Old Aug 21st 2003, 10:26 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Question:

~k
Hi:

Yes, they do get lost from time to time. Rare, but it does happen. Look, the postal service loses things from time to time.

It is a little early to be paranoid.
Old Aug 21st 2003, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

thanks.

i'll put my worry shoes back in my closet.
but i'll take them out again in a week....
Old Aug 21st 2003, 10:49 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

anyone....???

has anyone ever had to re-file? or send in papers all over again? or does anyone know what happens if these "service" centers lose your file?

help......

~kristine
The Service Center can lose things from time to time. We even had an example where a couple of contract workers shredded some cases that should not have been shredded.

Usually when this sort of thing happens, the BCIS will try to reconstruct the file, and will give the petitioner or the attorney an opportunity to send them a copy of the missing materials.

But I also agree that it’s a little early to be paranoid just yet.

M.U.
Old Aug 21st 2003, 2:25 pm
Margaret

Another question along the same lines:

Possible for "additional security checks" to be lost with the FBI/CIA
end of things? Waiting 8 months now and still nothing back.