Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Do Not Send PM's or Emails Asking Private Immigration Questions

Do Not Send PM's or Emails Asking Private Immigration Questions

Old Apr 7th 2014, 12:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Do Not Send PM's or Emails Asking Private Immigration Questions

Below is a duplicate of a 'Sticky thread' Rete posted in the Marriage Based Visas forum.

"It hasn't been posted in a while and I thought I would just give a shout that the moderators on the forum will not respond with answers to PM's or emails asking for immigration assistance/advice/experience.

Please remember we are only laypeople and the information we respond with is information that we have either experienced ourselves or have gleamed through the postings of others and through reading various immigration information posted by professionals.

It is by only posting on an open forum that any incorrect information given be corrected. It is a safeguard in place to help you.

The forum's success depends on the postings of all its members and all of their experiences, big and small. It is hoped that you will avail yourselves of the wiki which is comprised of articles written by other members and by past threads dealing with some of the common questions.

It is further hoped that you will hang around and contribute your experiences so that others can learn from you as well.

Thanks for understanding."

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jul 30th 2015 at 7:37 pm.
Old Apr 7th 2014, 3:07 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Do Not Send PM's or Emails Asking Private Immigration Questions

Here is a link to a current discussion which I started. It started out about how I, as an attorney, will not answer individualized factual inquiries via PM. However, in a useful tangent, it turned into a discussion of the advisability of not using PM's.
Old May 18th 2015, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

josieluvstony is an unknown quantity at this point

I think we all feel a level of pure desperation , We , being me...although I don't think I've sent PM message here, it is definitely not meant to be pushy or bothersome , just desperate..most of us want to be with our partner, I want more than anything in the world and it hurts every single day and affects everything I do..That's all....Like trying to save our life..So if you can pay it forward, that would be extremely cool..I am here on this forum in hopes that one day soon, I can be like you..
Old May 18th 2015, 10:04 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

An Immigration Lawyer?
Old May 19th 2015, 12:40 am
Just Joined

josieluvstony is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, I agree,,I merely wanted to let you know people do foolish things when Love is the contributing factor..I have been emailing many Solicitors in the UK, not one has really has given me a straight answer..so it is frustrating, however I appreciate what you're saying . also the folks here that give advice is very much appreciated.
Old May 19th 2015, 12:57 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

This is not a discussion thread...please open a new thread.

Thread closed.