Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Do I need a UK police certificate? DV2010

Do I need a UK police certificate? DV2010

Old Nov 23rd 2009, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

msfi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Do I need a UK police certificate? DV2010

Got notice of interview date for DV 2010 so all systems go...

I have been living in the UK since May of this year. I am a dual Australian-UK citizen. I am Australian by birth (and lived there for 30 years), UK by descent

Do I need a UK police certificate, or only a certificate from Australia (the nationality on which I am basing my DV application)?

Or do I need certificates from both since I am a national of both countries?

Last edited by msfi; Nov 23rd 2009 at 8:47 pm. Reason: UK by descent - added
Old Nov 24th 2009, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Do I need a UK police certificate? DV2010

Seems I need a UK one after all since I've been here for more than 6 months (barely!).

Never mind!
Old Nov 24th 2009, 6:00 pm
Pedantic Moron

Michelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond repute

Don't tell me.... Google / Search was you friend?
Old Nov 24th 2009, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

No, I read a few sites at state.gov, the London consulate site, a few others (some of which contradicted each other) decided overpreparing would be the better option.
Old Nov 26th 2009, 5:12 pm
Just Joined

CandD is just really niceCandD is just really niceCandD is just really niceCandD is just really niceCandD is just really niceCandD is just really niceCandD is just really niceCandD is just really nice

We have just gone through the interview for DV2009, you need a PCC for every country you have lived in for 6 months or longer since you were 16. Good Luck!
Old Nov 27th 2009, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CandD
We have just gone through the interview for DV2009, you need a PCC for every country you have lived in for 6 months or longer since you were 16. Good Luck!
Darn, that's annoying, not the same as what it says on the site!

"The period of residence is twelve months, for any other country." http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new..._iv.html#iv039

Last edited by msfi; Nov 27th 2009 at 8:06 am. Reason: ETA info fro site
Old Nov 27th 2009, 9:32 am
Just Joined

CandD is just really niceCandD is just really niceCandD is just really niceCandD is just really niceCandD is just really niceCandD is just really niceCandD is just really niceCandD is just really nice

Aah right, I only had to worry about my country of birth & residence which was 6 months for each, probably why I never noticed 12 months for all others. Are you resident in the UK?

One of the tips we got from other DV winners was 'if in doubt just get it!' our interview was 2 weeks before the cut off period for DV2009 so we didn't have the time to go back if we didn't have everything they wanted to see. Have you been notified of your interview date yet?

Last edited by CandD; Nov 27th 2009 at 9:34 am.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CandD
Aah right, I only had to worry about my country of birth & residence which was 6 months for each, probably why I never noticed 12 months for all others. Are you resident in the UK?

One of the tips we got from other DV winners was 'if in doubt just get it!' our interview was 2 weeks before the cut off period for DV2009 so we didn't have the time to go back if we didn't have everything they wanted to see. Have you been notified of your interview date yet?
Phew! Thanks. I am also a UK citizen and resident in the UK so I'm getting the certificate for here just in case.

Interview is scheduled for January. Plus I'm going to be out of the UK from Monday until after Christmas. eek!