Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Do I need Mexican visa to do CP in Cuidad Juarez?

Do I need Mexican visa to do CP in Cuidad Juarez?

Old Jan 25th 2001, 1:26 am
Green Card Applicant

I have H1 status in the USA and I need to do Immigrant Visa processing in Cuidad Juarez.
Do I need need Mexican visa?

Is my I-94 (from the H1 adjustment of status) sufficient to enter back in the USA in case
I have bad luck and my IV is rejected?

Here is the full strory:
- I got my I-140 approved and filed I-485.
- Then I filed I-824 _BEFORE_ INS made it public that they do not like it when people do
CP and AOS simultaneously.
- Fearing we are in a gray area my attorney send something to INS asking to cancel the CP.
- The above probably didn't have the desired effect and recently I received Packet 3 from
the consulate in Juarez.

Does this mean they already accepted my case and will process it (i.e. they will send
Packet 4 and an interview date)?

How long does this take to receive Packet 4? How long until the interview date?

GCA

Old Jan 26th 2001, 2:31 am
Green Card Applicant

It looks like I omitted the fact that I am citizen of Bulgaria.

GCA

Green Card Applicant wrote:

> I have H1 status in the USA and I need to do Immigrant Visa processing in Cuidad Juarez.
> Do I need need Mexican visa?
>
> Is my I-94 (from the H1 adjustment of status) sufficient to enter back in the USA in
> case I have bad luck and my IV is rejected?
>
> Here is the full strory:
> - I got my I-140 approved and filed I-485.
> - Then I filed I-824 _BEFORE_ INS made it public that they do not like it when people do
> CP and AOS simultaneously.
> - Fearing we are in a gray area my attorney send something to INS asking to cancel
> the CP.
> - The above probably didn't have the desired effect and recently I received Packet 3
> from the consulate in Juarez.
>
> Does this mean they already accepted my case and will process it (i.e. they will send
> Packet 4 and an interview date)?
>
> How long does this take to receive Packet 4? How long until the interview date?
>
> GCA

Old Jan 29th 2001, 8:41 am
Sylvia Ottemoeller

Green Card Applicant wrote:

> I have H1 status in the USA and I need to do Immigrant Visa processing in Cuidad Juarez.
> Do I need need Mexican visa?

Yes. In Cuidad Juarez, you generally have to have a Mexican visa. You can actually buy it
inside Mexico, but it costs more.

> Is my I-94 (from the H1 adjustment of status) sufficient to enter back in the USA in
> case I have bad luck and my IV is rejected?

There are no absolute guarantees, but generally, yes, you can get back on your I-94.

> Here is the full strory:
> - I got my I-140 approved and filed I-485.
> - Then I filed I-824 _BEFORE_ INS made it public that they do not like it when people do
> CP and AOS simultaneously.
> - Fearing we are in a gray area my attorney send something to INS asking to cancel
> the CP.
> - The above probably didn't have the desired effect and recently I received Packet 3
> from the consulate in Juarez.
>
> Does this mean they already accepted my case and will process it (i.e. they will send
> Packet 4 and an interview date)?

Probably. I don't think there are any guarantees. Cuidad Juarez might figure out that you
have an I-485 pending, and have a problem with it.

> How long does this take to receive Packet 4?

Probably about two months from when the Packet 3 reply is sent.

How long until the
> interview date?

About a month after Packet 4 is received. The interview date will be indicated in Packet