Do I have a police record?

Old May 4th 2011, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

bmak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Do I have a police record?

Hi Guys,

Is it possible for someone to have criminal proceedings or conviction and not know. I want to apply for a police certificate and just a bit skeptical and unsure of the process or how the law works. I have never been arrested nor convicted for any crimes though. Even though I know my hands were not a 100% clean couple of years ago. Please advice

Thanks
Old May 4th 2011, 5:15 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Waiver Rejected - Police Certificate Incorrect

Originally Posted by bmak
Hi Guys,

Is it possible for someone to have criminal proceedings or conviction and not know. I want to apply for a police certificate and just a bit skeptical and unsure of the process or how the law works. I have never been arrested nor convicted for any crimes though. Even though I know my hands were not a 100% clean couple of years ago. Please advice

Thanks
What a moronic question.. you either are innocent or not ...
no arrests and no convictions ..you are a choirboy
Old Jul 12th 2011, 5:17 pm
Just Joined

I actually did hear somewhere that some people might not be aware of details that can come up on the police certificate, not sure the authenticity of that. I was told even if you have been suspected of a crime in the past and unaware that you are a suspect, it would show up in the police certificate. Is this true?? Or is it just as long as one has had any dealings with the law or arrest? More inputs please.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 6:18 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Enhanced CRB checks can show what the police call " soft information"
for example if you were a teacher they could show allegations made against you , investigations etc even if these were found to be unproven or untrue

none of these would be considered the same as having a conviction
Old Jul 12th 2011, 6:19 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I actually did hear somewhere that some people might not be aware of details that can come up on the police certificate, not sure the authenticity of that. I was told even if you have been suspected of a crime in the past and unaware that you are a suspect, it would show up in the police certificate. Is this true?? Or is it just as long as one has had any dealings with the law or arrest? More inputs please.
no its not true...where do you hear this nonsense
Old Jul 12th 2011, 8:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ray
no its not true...where do you hear this nonsense
This is one of them, I got it from Yahoo forum: http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question...8014109AAbUseN
Old Jul 12th 2011, 9:04 pm
Ray

Seems I am geting lef behind with all these changes since I left the UK

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criminal_Records_Bureau
Old Jul 12th 2011, 9:46 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

This is one of them, I got it from Yahoo forum: http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question...8014109AAbUseN
That isn't 100% right .

If you already have previous convictions on a CRO file and you get arrested and acquitted that result will be on your PNC record, showing as a not guilty.

If you have no previous convictions and you get arrested and acquitted that result will not be on your PNC record, and any subsequent search of your details on PNC should come back "No Trace", because your record will have been deleted.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ray
Seems I am geting lef behind with all these changes since I left the UK

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criminal_Records_Bureau
The CRB is different from a Police certificate. They have same similarities, but I think the Police Certificate goes deep down into searching for good conduct etc. The Police Certificate is the subject here. Regards
Old Jul 12th 2011, 10:30 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

The CRB is different from a Police certificate. They have same similarities, but I think the Police Certificate goes deep down into searching for good conduct etc. The Police Certificate is the subject here. Regards
Both are a record of what is on the PNC. An advanced CRB check is a more in depth report.

A standard CRB check and what is done by ACPO (Police Certificate) for the Embassy is the same search.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 10:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
Enhanced CRB checks can show what the police call " soft information"
for example if you were a teacher they could show allegations made against you , investigations etc even if these were found to be unproven or untrue

none of these would be considered the same as having a conviction
so is an Enhanced CRB check the same as police report? Also from the example sited, obviously the teacher would know that there were allegations made against her/him.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 10:34 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do I have a police record?

Hi Guys,

Thanks
bmak, your post didn't belong in the other thread so I have started you your own.

What country do you plan to order this police certificate from, if you decide to do so?
Without knowing that, of course everyone is going to argue about every type of police certificate under the sun.

If you want one from the UK for US immigration/visa purposes (because of the forum you posted in), you need this kind: http://www.acpo.police.uk/NationalPo...tificates.aspx

I'm sure if you read on their website you will learn some more.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lansbury
Both are a record of what is on the PNC. An advanced CRB check is a more in depth report.

A standard CRB check and what is done by ACPO (Police Certificate) for the Embassy is the same search.
Oh I get it now. Thanks for your assistance.

Regards
Old Jul 12th 2011, 10:36 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

It is my understanding that an enhanced crb check is more in depth than a police check

The ecrb checks to see if as a teacher etc , you've ever been struck off , if you have been deemed not suitable to work with vulnerable adults/ children

And as a teacher it is entirely possible for you to know nothing about allegations made against you

I sense there is something more to your question than what was being originally discussed as we are well out of issues pertaining to US immigration ..... Care to elaborate?
Old Jul 12th 2011, 10:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
bmak, your post didn't belong in the other thread so I have started you your own.

What country do you plan to order this police certificate from, if you decide to do so?
Without knowing that, of course everyone is going to argue about every type of police certificate under the sun.

If you want one from the UK for US immigration/visa purposes (because of the forum you posted in), you need this kind: http://www.acpo.police.uk/NationalPo...tificates.aspx

I'm sure if you read on their website you will learn some more.
I am in UK and I plan to use it for the USA. I will look on the link you have just sent, even though I have tried to get as much details as I can, but most of it has been vague. Many thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.