Do I have a police record?

Old Jul 12th 2011, 10:40 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do I have a police record?

Originally Posted by bmak
I am in UK and I plan to use it for the USA. I will look on the link you have just sent, even though I have tried to get as much details as I can, but most of it has been vague. Many thanks
Why do you think you have a police record? It would not have happened in secret. Have you been arrested, ever?
Old Jul 12th 2011, 10:48 pm
Just Joined

bmak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
It is my understanding that an enhanced crb check is more in depth than a police check

The ecrb checks to see if as a teacher etc , you've ever been struck off , if you have been deemed not suitable to work with vulnerable adults/ children

And as a teacher it is entirely possible for you to know nothing about allegations made against you

I sense there is something more to your question than what was being originally discussed as we are well out of issues pertaining to US immigration ..... Care to elaborate?
LOL. I have never been a teacher. You sited an example and I used that as well. Well... growing up, I have not been a 100% clean and been into few rough things that I regret now as an adult. Although I have never been arrested before. I just get paranoid cos of my past when it comes to these kind of things. Thanks
Old Jul 12th 2011, 10:51 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Well OK, I don't see how we can reassure you or answer your original question then. All you can do is order the ACPO and if you have something to discuss, you know where to come to do it.

NO TRACE = They don't have something on you
NO LIVE TRACE = They have something on you
Old Jul 12th 2011, 10:55 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

LOL. I have never been a teacher. You sited an example and I used that as well. Well... growing up, I have not been a 100% clean and been into few rough things that I regret now as an adult. Although I have never been arrested before. I just get paranoid cos of my past when it comes to these kind of things. Thanks
I think you are concerned that information that may be held about you, by what in my days was called the collators office, and is now an intelligence computer system, specific to a particular police service, will show up on a PNC check. It will not, the PNC doesn't store that sort of information.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 11:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lansbury
I think you are concerned that information that may be held about you, by what in my days was called the collators office, and is now an intelligence computer system, specific to a particular police service, will show up on a PNC check. It will not, the PNC doesn't store that sort of information.
I appreciate the prompt response and easy break down. Thanks a lot
Old Jul 12th 2011, 11:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
Well OK, I don't see how we can reassure you or answer your original question then. All you can do is order the ACPO and if you have something to discuss, you know where to come to do it.

NO TRACE = They don't have something on you
NO LIVE TRACE = They have something on you
Many thanks!
Old Jul 13th 2011, 12:48 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

An attorney would probably tell you not to incriminate yourself.
Old Jul 13th 2011, 1:07 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JAJ
An attorney would probably tell you not to incriminate yourself.
How do you mean please?
Old Jul 13th 2011, 1:09 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

How do you mean please?
Post #1 comes very close to self-incrimination.
Old Jul 13th 2011, 1:12 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JAJ
Thank you.
Old Jul 13th 2011, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
... and note that, should you ever attempt to naturalize as a US citizen, one of the questions asked is:

"Have you ever committed a crime or offense for which you were not arrested?"
Old Jul 13th 2011, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

andy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really niceandy1 is just really nice
Default Re: Visa Waiver Rejected - Police Certificate Incorrect

Originally Posted by Ray
What a moronic question.. you either are innocent or not ...
no arrests and no convictions ..you are a choirboy
Great answer ! i would be more than pissed off if i had a criminal record WITHOUT getting nicked !
Old Aug 5th 2011, 11:06 pm
Just Joined

seaman39 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was once told I would be reported to the police some 6 years ago for fraud. Even though the police never came to question me or anything like that, I was never arrested. Now I am wiser and older, I wish to relocate to Australia and want to get a police certificate. what are the chances that I will get the police certificate or have them question me on the issue of 6yrs ago? Thanks
Old Aug 5th 2011, 11:19 pm
Yes, I know i'm awesome.

ljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seaman39
I was once told I would be reported to the police some 6 years ago for fraud. Even though the police never came to question me or anything like that, I was never arrested. Now I am wiser and older, I wish to relocate to Australia and want to get a police certificate. what are the chances that I will get the police certificate or have them question me on the issue of 6yrs ago? Thanks
Same logic applies. If you have not been arrested or convicted of a crime (or received a caution) then you should have a clean police certificate.
Old Aug 6th 2011, 12:52 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seaman39
what are the chances that I will get the police certificate...
If you apply for one, you'll get it.

Ian