Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Diversity lottery! Emailed i've won?

Diversity lottery! Emailed i've won?

Old Jul 23rd 2011, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

michelledenham is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Diversity lottery! Emailed i've won?

Hi
Just a quick note....
I entered the Diversity (green card) lottery about 6months ago via the USA gov website. I recieved an offical looking email from USA gov email address saying 'that I had won a chance to buy mine and my husbands and 3kids green card. I am a senior Oncology nurse and hubby is a engineer. Will of course look into this alot more.. Cost of Greencards per person is $880 and has to be paid by 4th Aug. Anyone with experience of 'The Diversity' lottery please can you clarify if this all sounds like rubbish!!!
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 4:49 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Diversity lottery! Emailed i've won?

Originally Posted by michelledenham
Hi
Just a quick note....
I entered the Diversity (green card) lottery about 6months ago via the USA gov website. I recieved an offical looking email from USA gov email address saying 'that I had won a chance to buy mine and my husbands and 3kids green card. I am a senior Oncology nurse and hubby is a engineer. Will of course look into this alot more.. Cost of Greencards per person is $880 and has to be paid by 4th Aug. Anyone with experience of 'The Diversity' lottery please can you clarify if this all sounds like rubbish!!!
Alas, it is bollocks.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=725831
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 4:52 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Diversity lottery! Emailed i've won?

"The Department of State does NOT notify successful DV applicants by letter or email. Entrants can check the status of their entries, as explained below, by returning to the website at http://www.dvlottery.state.gov to find out if their entry was or was not selected. "

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigra...322.html#fraud