L1A visa approved in brussels

Old Sep 26th 2008, 10:21 pm
Just Joined

Marek is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile L1A visa approved in brussels

I have used this forum for the last couple of months during my visa application. On Thursday my L1A was agreed for stamping and we collect our passports on Monday. The process was very smooth and i would strongly advise using a good reputable law firm to smooth the process. I filed with the help of Mat Dunn from Kramer Levins in NYC. Very good company and they took care of everything for me. I have my own company that has been operating in Europe for 18 months and filed with as much documented evidence as available. Then came the interview. I applied for an apointment in Brussels that only had a two day waiting list. The whole process from arrival to departure took 55 minutes (so glad i did not choose London) Very friendly and polite:eek. They asked questions regarding when the company was established, what was the turn over and was it profitable. Then the visa was issued.

All in all excellent lawyer and highly recommend brussels.

Good luck to you all
Old Sep 27th 2008, 2:48 am
Forum Regular

ash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to allash_ak is a name known to all
Default Re: L1A visa approved in brussels

COngratulations on your L1A Visa, I have a couple of questions regd. your visa, was your L1 application for opening a new office in the US, if yes, did your lawyer mention about requirements for the first year renewal, i would be interested to know if any important points were mentioned by him. Thank you and good luck with your new venture.
Old Sep 27th 2008, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

Marek is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: L1A visa approved in brussels

Hi

yes i know a lot of info in terms of the renewal. Few basic points during the first year i must demonstrate that I am working towards my Biz plan. I must demonstrate that I have employed 3 to 4 people (ideally) provide payroll evidence and evidence of customers based in the US. I have quite an extensive package prepared by my attorney and i will continue to use him to take care of all future filling. I must state that I have an excellent biz trading in Europe with a great turnover. I have a lot of confidence due to the point that I have European customers in the US who want to work with me in the US and have already provided LOI's that i used as evidence in my filling. I have heard of a lot of people trying to apply for L1 visas as a quick way to get into the US. The USCIS are not stupid and they really do require a lot of evidence in terms of corporate structure ans cash flows, profits etc. If you succeed in the first year, renewal will only be granted if your can provide evidence that you have truly worked in growing the business and not sat on the beach for most of the year.