different I-94 cards/numbers

Old May 24th 2001, 6:55 pm
mhz21

I entered US three times, and got three I-94 cards. But all three numbers are
**different**. My friends just told me that the 2nd and 3rd card number should be
crossed out and match the number on the 1st card. Apparently INS official at the
airport forgot to do that.

The questions are:

1. Is this a problem? If yes, how to correct it?
2. I'm applying for H-1B. My petition will include all three I-94 cards in the
package. Which I-94 number should INS write on the perspective approval? The 1st
one or the 3rd one?

Thanks for any advice.

Old May 25th 2001, 1:41 pm
Siva Subramaniam

in article [email protected], mhz21 at [email protected] wrote on
5/25/01 2:55 AM:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

You are supposed to keep only the latest I-94 card. You are supposed to surrender to
the port authority when you leave the country.

-Siva

Old May 25th 2001, 4:02 pm
mhz21

Siva Subramaniam wrote in message ...
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]>> I entered US three times, and got three I-94 cards. But all three numbers are[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> **different**. My friends just told me that the 2nd and 3rd card[/usenetquote2]
number
[usenetquote2]>> should be crossed out and match the number on the 1st card. Apparently[/usenetquote2]
INS
[usenetquote2]>> official at the airport forgot to do that.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> The questions are:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> 1. Is this a problem? If yes, how to correct it?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> 2. I'm applying for H-1B. My petition will include all three I-94 cards[/usenetquote2]
in
[usenetquote2]>> the package. Which I-94 number should INS write on the perspective[/usenetquote2]
approval?
[usenetquote2]>> The 1st one or the 3rd one?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> Thanks for any advice.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear. I did return the 1st and 2nd I-94 (originals) to
the airlines when I left US. What I mean is I have three "copies" of I-94 now, and
the numbers are *different*. I actually saw my friends' cards with hand-written
number that matches their first I-94.

So, the question: should INS write the 1st number (actually if all my I-94 cards were
correctly numbered when I entered, this should be the only number I ever use.) or the
3rd number on my H-1B approval? thanks.

Old May 25th 2001, 4:10 pm
Joachim Feise

mhz21 wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >

The numbers are usually different. The only time the numbers possibly could be the
same if a person changes or extends status. But even then, I do not know if they in
fact would be the same. In any case, they would be printed, not handwritten. I don't
know how your friends got to have the number handwritten on there.

>
    >
    >
    >

The numbers expire when you return the I-94 to the airline. It is normal that the
numbers on each I-94 differ. Only the number on the current I-94 matters.

-Joe

Old May 29th 2001, 12:43 am
Lilac

>
[usenetquote2]> > Sorry if I didn't make myself clear. I did return the 1st and 2nd I-94[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > (originals) to the airlines when I left US. What I mean is I have three "copies"[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > of I-94 now, and the numbers are *different*. I actually saw my friends' cards[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > with hand-written number that matches their first I-94.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
could
    >
    >
    >
    >

The number printed on the I-94 is different. But the officer in the border did cross
the printed number, and handwrite my very first number( I have travled outside US
several time) on my I-94 every time.

Lilac