Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Detroit as Port of Entry to Canada

Wikiposts

Detroit as Port of Entry to Canada

Old Jan 16th 2007, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

anona? is a jewel in the roughanona? is a jewel in the roughanona? is a jewel in the roughanona? is a jewel in the rough
Default Detroit as Port of Entry to Canada

I will land as a Canadian Permanent REsident at Windsor, Ontario on May 2007 (to live in London, Ontario). I am currently in the US on F1 visa (changed status in US from tourist to F1). However, I will go to China to settle other things (June 2007 or as soon as I have my PR Card) and will go back to London, Ontario on July 2007 for good.

My tourist visa is still valid until 2010. I will fly from Detroit to China and back from China to Detroit (does this make any sense...?). Coming back from China, I don't have a return ticket after Detroit Intl Airport because I'm thinking of just driving to London (mapquest says "2 1/2 hours").

Will that be a problem if I will tell US Immigration officers in Detroit that I will just drive from the Detroit airport to London?

Any thoughts please?