IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP ON 221G

Old Jun 4th 2018, 10:35 pm
Living the NYC dream

kateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP ON 221G

Originally Posted by shiversaint
Only one officer that handles E2 visas? I find that very doubtful and even more doubtful where it concerns a derivative E2. In fact, the AP status probably has basically nothing to do with it being an E2 visa. The E2 unit has an email address, but as Noorah has already said, emails out of it will give no further information. They deliberately do not reveal more information about Administrative Processing.
I'm only repeating what a very well-respected immigration lawyer of more than 20 years told me, but if you know better...

Last edited by kateinbrooklyn; Jun 4th 2018 at 10:39 pm.
Old Jun 5th 2018, 11:24 am
Just Joined

Lisahart28 is an unknown quantity at this point

I believe I have sent information to the petition unit which is where my case is currently being looked at. If you send additional information at a later point do you go to the bottom of the pile or is it added to your original case?

it is 90 days tomorrow
lisa
Old Jun 5th 2018, 12:44 pm
Living the NYC dream

kateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lisahart28
I believe I have sent information to the petition unit which is where my case is currently being looked at. If you send additional information at a later point do you go to the bottom of the pile or is it added to your original case?

it is 90 days tomorrow
lisa
You really need to get onto the immigration lawyer. He or she is the only person who can help you at this point.
Old Jul 27th 2018, 3:13 am
Just Joined

Rimcricket is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lisahart28

it is 90 days tomorrow
lisa
have you heard anything new ?
Old Jul 27th 2018, 10:59 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rimcricket

have you heard anything new ?
we got the senator involved who has been immensely helpful and supportive. We found out last week that it has been sent to the correct department and it is under review, but no timeline to completion.

not far off the 5 month mark now, very difficult time, but hopefully there will be an answer soon.
Old Aug 15th 2018, 11:51 am
Just Joined

LuisFGC is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you heard anything new ? as you know I am in the same process.
Old Aug 15th 2018, 11:52 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by LuisFGC
Have you heard anything new ? as you know I am in the same process.
no 160 days and no news yet
Old Aug 15th 2018, 11:54 am
Just Joined

Same here nothing yet. I have approached a senator, Just to do something.
Old Aug 15th 2018, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

britanya is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm so sorry you're going through this. If it's been over 60 days you must be able to take action (it's estimates that all 221g cases are resolved within 60 days). Is your lawyer UK or US based? I would get a second opinion from an immigration lawyer based in the US. I would suggest the lawyer writing to the embassy, if your current lawyer is saying no then get a second opinion. There should be no reason for this - you can see if they can push to give you a reason as to why this has happened, or confirmation that your case is actually in the system and not forgotten about and an estimate as to when you will hear back.
Old Aug 15th 2018, 5:35 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britanya
If it's been over 60 days you must be able to take action
Hi. Just curious.... What type of "action" do you believe this person may be able to take in this matter?
Old Aug 18th 2018, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

britanya is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by crg
Hi. Just curious.... What type of "action" do you believe this person may be able to take in this matter?
have the lawyer write, email, call the embassy. basically contact someone there to investigate, and to bring this to their attention.
Old Aug 18th 2018, 5:55 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

In other words make a right pest of yourself. Either they will ignore the many requests, which I can see happening, or they will adjudicate.
Old Aug 28th 2018, 4:51 am
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Same here nothing yet. I have approached a senator, Just to do something.
I wrote to my (now) wife’s Senator when my I-485 was pending, I never got an answer, but it was approved shortly after her office enquirer about it, that was probably a different situation because the delay was negatively impacting a USC (I was waiting on the GC to get a mortgage to buy an apt for us to move in to together). The form her office sent also had tick boxes for Visitor and Student visa’s, so they must deal with these as well.
Old Aug 30th 2018, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

Hi Everyone.

Any news on the AP, I am still waiting
Old Aug 30th 2018, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

Hi Everyone.

Any news on the AP, I am still waiting
unfortunately no, hit 6 month mark next week hope you hear something soon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.