Wikiposts

Desparate Now

Old Jul 18th 2001, 11:44 am
Lili

some of you may remember my posting about my husband's and my using assets instead
of income for the affadavit of support I-864. after showing 80,000 cash assets in a
cd, the embassy in lima turned it down. today i spoke with one of the officials on
the fon and was told that assets would not be accepted even if the sum was four
times the ammount and existing in a bank account. i was told that only proof of
employment would be accepted. my mother and father steadfastly refuse to sign the
affadavit with their income as a base out of fear. there is no reasoning with them
about it any further. now my husband has become very bitter about it and believes
they do not want him and is even beginning to accuse me of the same. we only want to
be together, and now we don't know where to turn. is anyone able to give me some
advice at all? i guess the only way is for him to come by land from mexico and i
shall meet him there. i think we have no choice as no one will help us. please if
someone knows any way for us or has an idea, please post or email me privately. i
would be very grateful. lili sovero

Old Jul 18th 2001, 12:31 pm
Toni B

>

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
First of all, I don't think you're entitled to have help from anyone. Second, you'll
probably see what your marriage is really made of. I don't recall your situation and
I'm no expert by any means in immigration matters, but if you're suggesting he enter
illegally just because no one will help you, I think you can find other ways. If your
parents have refused, maybe they have good reason and maybe your husband will show
you the reasons.

Old Jul 19th 2001, 2:07 am
Andy Platt

Have your representatives been of any help yet? If it were me I'd be raising merry
hell with them demanding they get the DoS to obey the immigration laws which plainly
state you can use assets.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

>
    >
    >
with
    >
    >
    >
    >
income
    >
    >
they
    >
    >
to
    >
land
    >
one
    >
please
    >

Old Jul 19th 2001, 3:14 am
Lili

andy, my mother said the same thing. i had read here somewhere in some posts that
fundamentally the ins doesn't need or heed what a representative might say or
wish. we will try this as you suggest. we are all at the end of our rope and
things get dimmer by the day. please tell me what DoS means. very sorry to be a
bore and i am grateful for the help you have given me and your GOOD MANNERS.
thanks so very much, lili

>
raising
    >
laws
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > some of you may remember my posting about my husband's and my using[/usenetquote2]
assets
[usenetquote2]> > instead of income for the affadavit of support I-864. after showing[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > cash assets in a cd, the embassy in lima turned it down. today i spoke[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > one of the officials on the fon and was told that assets would not be accepted[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > even if the sum was four times the ammount and existing in a[/usenetquote2]
bank
[usenetquote2]> > account. i was told that only proof of employment would be accepted.[/usenetquote2]
my
[usenetquote2]> > mother and father steadfastly refuse to sign the affadavit with their[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > as a base out of fear. there is no reasoning with them about it any further. now[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > my husband has become very bitter about it and believes[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > do not want him and is even beginning to accuse me of the same. we only want to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > be together, and now we don't know where to turn. is anyone[/usenetquote2]
able
    >
[usenetquote2]> > give me some advice at all? i guess the only way is for him to come by[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > from mexico and i shall meet him there. i think we have no choice as no[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > will help us. please if someone knows any way for us or has an idea,[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > post or email me privately. i would be very grateful. lili sovero[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]

Old Jul 20th 2001, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

Perdue is an unknown quantity at this point

DOS = Department of State (consulates fall under the DOS)

Good luck.
Old Jul 20th 2001, 8:06 pm
sfm

"Andy Platt" <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
DOS does not have to obey strictly the letter of the Law. DOS consulate officers and
INS Inspectors have the power to base their decisions on their own opinions and whim.

--
    >

[usenetquote2]> > some of you may remember my posting about my husband's and my using assets[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > instead of income for the affadavit of support I-864. after showing 80,000 cash[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > assets in a cd, the embassy in lima turned it down. today i spoke[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > one of the officials on the fon and was told that assets would not be accepted[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > even if the sum was four times the ammount and existing in a bank account. i was[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > told that only proof of employment would be accepted. my mother and father[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > steadfastly refuse to sign the affadavit with their[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > as a base out of fear. there is no reasoning with them about it any further. now[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > my husband has become very bitter about it and believes[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > do not want him and is even beginning to accuse me of the same. we only want to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > be together, and now we don't know where to turn. is anyone able[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > give me some advice at all? i guess the only way is for him to come by[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > from mexico and i shall meet him there. i think we have no choice as no[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > will help us. please if someone knows any way for us or has an idea,[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > post or email me privately. i would be very grateful. lili sovero[/usenetquote2]