Denied under section 214 (b)

Old Feb 9th 2019, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

CoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really nice
Default Denied under section 214 (b)

Hi, if been denied my visa under moral turpitude and section 214 (b) see pic, however after being recommended for a waiver for a b1 b2 visa they today but me with this... I didn't take any proof of residence..I have 2 houses 2 children a wife a business... I would never run away... is it worth me reapplying this time with proof of my status in UK or just give up

thanks
Old Feb 9th 2019, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

CoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really niceCoolHandFluke is just really nice
Default Re: Denied under section 214 (b)

Old Feb 9th 2019, 9:09 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

The first sentence sounds like you have a permanent ineligibility anyway, besides the 214(b) issue. Probably time to give up and vacation elsewhere.

Rene
Old Feb 9th 2019, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
The first sentence sounds like you have a permanent ineligibility anyway, besides the 214(b) issue. Probably time to give up and vacation elsewhere.

Rene
yeah was permanently ineligible due to moral turpitude but was recommended for a waiver to get in to the usa, then they hit me with the 214 (b) !!!!
Old Feb 9th 2019, 9:13 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

You say you didn't take any proof of UK residence. Did they even ask to see any? Presumably you explained your circumstances to them verbally and they still weren't convinced.

This was for a tourist visa, yes? Did you tell them of your plans to meet a potential employer and look for work in the US? Even though that's perfectly legal on a tourist visa, it's also just the kind of excuse they need to think that you won't return to the UK and so deny you the visa.
Old Feb 9th 2019, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=materialcontroller;12634591]You say you didn't take any proof of UK residence. Did they even ask to see any? Presumably you explained your circumstances to them verbally and they still weren't convinced.

This was for a tourist visa, yes? Did you tell them of your plans to meet a potential employer and look for work in the US? Even though that's perfectly legal on a tourist visa, it's also just the kind of excuse they need to think that you won't return to the UK and so deny you the visa.[/QUOTEI told them I was visiting the us for travel, I explained I was contemplating a move to the us but that has been put on hold because my mum has cancer, which is the honest truth, I was never asked about my houses in the uk but I told her about my business,
Old Feb 9th 2019, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
You say you didn't take any proof of UK residence. Did they even ask to see any? Presumably you explained your circumstances to them verbally and they still weren't convinced.

This was for a tourist visa, yes? Did you tell them of your plans to meet a potential employer and look for work in the US? Even though that's perfectly legal on a tourist visa, it's also just the kind of excuse they need to think that you won't return to the UK and so deny you the visa.
… it was for a b1 b2 visa, tourist yes
Old Feb 9th 2019, 9:21 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Well there's your mistake right there. You were applying for a tourist visa and you told them you were thinking about a permanent move to the USA.

Not surprising that they, quite rightly, denied you.
Old Feb 9th 2019, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

Well there's your mistake right there. You were applying for a tourist visa and you told them you were thinking about a permanent move to the USA.

Not surprising that they, quite rightly, denied you.
but why recommend a waiver? why not deny right there?
Old Feb 9th 2019, 9:28 am
Account Closed

Given what you have said, bearing in mind that you've admitted to immigrant intent and it will now be recorded on your file with the consulate and the wider State Department, I don't think there's any point in you reapplying for a tourist visa anytime soon.
Old Feb 9th 2019, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

Given what you have said, bearing in mind that you've admitted to immigrant intent and it will now be recorded on your file with the consulate and the wider State Department, I don't think there's any point in you reapplying for a tourist visa anytime soon.
ok, thanks for your advice, such a shame I had a tiny glimmer of hope!
Old Feb 9th 2019, 6:28 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CoolHandFluke
but why recommend a waiver? why not deny right there?
Sounds like the Interviewer was inclined to recommend and then was passed for review and whoever reviewed it said no way you qualify, unusual but can think of nothing else.
Old Feb 9th 2019, 7:26 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CoolHandFluke
ok, thanks for your advice, such a shame I had a tiny glimmer of hope!
That's the reason why it is prudent to hold your tongue and only answer the question asked and not volunteer information unasked for. Why were you recommended for a waiver? Probably because they wanted a firm denial further up the food chain and they got it. Or the CO thought there was a small glimmer of hope as well.

Did they ask at all about the many times you visited the US under the VWP without declaring your ineligibility on the ESTA?

Sorry that your hopes were dashed. Thanks for coming back and letting us know the outcome. It will be lesson learnt for those that come after you with the same issue(s).
Old Feb 10th 2019, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
That's the reason why it is prudent to hold your tongue and only answer the question asked and not volunteer information unasked for. Why were you recommended for a waiver? Probably because they wanted a firm denial further up the food chain and they got it. Or the CO thought there was a small glimmer of hope as well.

Did they ask at all about the many times you visited the US under the VWP without declaring your ineligibility on the ESTA?

Sorry that your hopes were dashed. Thanks for coming back and letting us know the outcome. It will be lesson learnt for those that come after you with the same issue(s).
I just told her the truth, that I thought my convictions were spent, and that I found
out about the convictions not being spent when looking into working over there, she said If done the right thing in coming to see them, she didn't seem bothered, never even asked about my convictions, she asked that do I want to live in the us, I said I do but for now that's on hold as my mums having chemo, but in the future I have aspirations of living there, she asked if I know the visa process, to which I said yes but that's on hold for now, I'm just wanting a travelling b1b2 visa to visit family for now.... she was really nice and said I'm recommending you for a waiver but it could take 4 months. .. it took a week!!!

I'm going to have one last try though as I'm.sure you all now by now I don't give up easily lol, this time I'm taking proof of my houses and equity, and solid proof that I will return home to the UK.. .
Old Feb 10th 2019, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Boiler
Sounds like the Interviewer was inclined to recommend and then was passed for review and whoever reviewed it said no way you qualify, unusual but can think of nothing else.
yeah she was nice and my criminal record aside I'm a nice person, so I guess she thought he'd worth a shot... being honest about having aspirations of living in the us I guess was my downfall.. but they denied me for not proving I would return home....

I'm be making another appointment in a few weeks!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.