Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Denied entry to US previously on different country passport. but ESTA is approved.

Denied entry to US previously on different country passport. but ESTA is approved.

Old Aug 11th 2010, 8:56 am
Just Joined

mub786 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Denied entry to US previously on different country passport. but ESTA is approved.

i have applied for ESTA with my British passport and i got approved, i have mention in there that i was denied US visa previously on my other national passport.

should i continue my trip as i am Authorized to travel to US.

i have booked my tickets and every thing, or i have to apply for visa @ US embassy

any advice
Old Aug 11th 2010, 10:11 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Denied entry to US previously on different country passport. but ESTA is approved

Hi,

Your topic says you were denied entry. Your post says you were denied a visa. Which one was it?

Also, how did you answer the ESTA question about any prior visa denials?

The question asks about you regardless of which passport you were using at the time. If you said NO to thatquestion, you provided false information.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 10:19 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Denied entry to US previously on different country passport. but ESTA is approved

Originally Posted by crg
Hi,

Your topic says you were denied entry. Your post says you were denied a visa. Which one was it?

Also, how did you answer the ESTA question about any prior visa denials?

The question asks about you regardless of which passport you were using at the time. If you said NO to thatquestion, you provided false information.
HI,
i applied for visa on my different country passport in 2002, they refuse be saying i do nit have strong ties to come back to uk, no i hold British passport, i applied For ESTA, and i sad yes i was denied and mention when and where.
i checked i got approval to travel.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 10:37 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

If you disclosed the denial, they reviewed the circumstances, and you were approved so you can seek entry under VWP. Being denied a visa does not automatically make someone ineligible to use the VWP. You don't need to apply for a visa if you have a properly approved ESTA.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 10:39 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by crg
If you disclosed the denial, they reviewed the circumstances, and you were approved so you can seek entry under VWP. Being denied a visa does not automatically make someone ineligible to use the VWP. You don't need to apply for a visa if you have a properly approved ESTA.
Thanks, relieved now..

do they ask for landing card I-94w to fill or its not any more
Old Aug 11th 2010, 10:47 am
crg
American Expat

Originally Posted by mub786
Thanks, relieved now..

do they ask for landing card I-94w to fill or its not any more
The green I-94W is being phased out. You still need a blue and white customs form though.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 10:56 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by crg
The green I-94W is being phased out. You still need a blue and white customs form though.
Thanks very much for you help and quick reply
Old Aug 12th 2010, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

hi one more quick Q..
If US let me in i my ESTA and i need to travel for 2 days in Canada, on they way back from CA i have to fill I-94W or just show my ESTA approval papper

is it change i could be denied entry from Canada by land.
Old Aug 12th 2010, 6:05 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

If US let me in i my ESTA and i need to travel for 2 days in Canada, on they way back from CA i have to fill I-94W or just show my ESTA approval papper
You will not have to fill in a new I-94W - the one you have will not be taken from your passport if you visit Canada for 2 days. You will need to show your passport and approved ESTA.

Canada can refuse you entry for any reason... yes - the same as the US can.

Ian
Old Aug 12th 2010, 7:02 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

hi one more quick Q..

You can always be denied entry; each entry is a unique event.

If you travel to Canada, Mexico or adjacent islands, you are readmitted to the US only for the balance of your original 90 day entry.
Old Aug 12th 2010, 7:09 pm
US immigration lawyer.

JCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond repute

i have applied for ESTA with my British passport and i got approved, i have mention in there that i was denied US visa previously on my other national passport.

should i continue my trip as i am Authorized to travel to US.
First, we should probably know which other country's passport you carry. If you have another nationality, it helps to know.

Next, I take a slightly different view of this than some of the other posters. In the last 6 months alone, I have had no fewer than 5 panic-stricken calls from people at ports of entry who have been refused entry due to some visa problem or irregularity, who then get out of line, pull out another country's passport, and attempt to enter as B-1/B-2 or VWP.

When this is discovered by the border guard, the alien has been pulled into secondary, the visa cancelled in the one passport, and the alien subjected to removal for fraud.

I always urge people to be very careful not to play fast and loose with various passports, despite the fact that there are some who make something of a hobby collecting nationalities.

Now: your situation is somewhat different. A visa denied in one passport is not necessarily a bar to VWP entry on another passport; however, I admonish you to be careful. If the reason for the denial in the other passport was insufficient ties to the UK, then using the UK passport for a VWP entry can still subject you to questioning on the same issue when you arrive at the port.

best of luck,

--J
Old Aug 12th 2010, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crg
These are still being used, but will soon be phased out....Even getting the ESTA there is still no G-tee of entry
Old Aug 13th 2010, 3:00 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wolfy
These are still being used, but will soon be phased out....Even getting the ESTA there is still no G-tee of entry
No green I 94s on my last flight from LHR to DFW
Old Aug 13th 2010, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

anuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Wolfy
Originally Posted by lisa67
No green I 94s on my last flight from LHR to DFW
I gather that I94W is not used when the POE is electronically equipped to note into the database. Depends on the airport.
Old Aug 18th 2010, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

RBN282 is an unknown quantity at this point

HI,
i applied for visa on my different country passport in 2002, they refuse be saying i do nit have strong ties to come back to uk, no i hold British passport, i applied For ESTA, and i sad yes i was denied and mention when and where.
i checked i got approval to travel.
I had a similar experience-though my earlier problems were back in the early 90s.

Last edited by RBN282; Aug 18th 2010 at 11:37 am. Reason: Typo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.