Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Denial at entrance and subsequent B visa application

Denial at entrance and subsequent B visa application

Old Aug 9th 2018, 10:26 am
Just Joined

Tireesix is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Denial at entrance and subsequent B visa application

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
Sounds as though you had a very similar experience to this lady:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/worl...-a3904561.html

It all just underlines how important it is to understand your exact meaning when explaining things to the CBP.

Yeah it does.

Poor lass :/
Old Aug 9th 2018, 12:18 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds as though you had a very similar experience to this lady:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/worl...-a3904561.html

It all just underlines how important it is to understand your exact meaning when explaining things to the CBP.
“This individual admitted she was coming for work, requiring a visa she did not possess. She was denied entry but can reapply for admission after obtaining the proper visa.”

from her:

I am now awaiting a reply from the US Embassy London and my MP is meeting to discuss this. The friends I was staying with in America have attacked their congressman. They say I have been the victim of racial profiling.

I would lean to the little summer job.
Old Aug 9th 2018, 12:29 pm
Banned

az2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
“This individual admitted she was coming for work, requiring a visa she did not possess. She was denied entry but can reapply for admission after obtaining the proper visa.”

from her:

I am now awaiting a reply from the US Embassy London and my MP is meeting to discuss this. The friends I was staying with in America have attacked their congressman. They say I have been the victim of racial profiling.

Exactly, she admitted she was going for 'work experience' which even here in the UK means doing a job someone is normally paid to do but just not get paid for it and instead gain the 'experience'.

No sympathy for her, CBP did their job and rightly sent her back.
Old Aug 9th 2018, 12:30 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler

from her:

Yeah. The woman in that article is extremely foolish. It's still a very good lesson on how to behave and the sort of things (not) to say to the CBP when looking to be admitted at a POE.
Old Aug 11th 2018, 1:41 am
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

Wonder how the interview went?

Old Aug 11th 2018, 1:43 am
Account Closed

Me too.
Old Aug 11th 2018, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

Went as expected.

The guy was incredibly rude (eye rolling and huffing from the outset, butting in), I barely got to say anything.

So it kinda sucks but it is done.
Old Aug 11th 2018, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Fred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to all

Dont take it personally or let it dwell on your mind as it will consume your life

Look for an alternative destination for vacation
Old Aug 11th 2018, 12:54 pm
Account Closed

There was not much to say.
Old Aug 11th 2018, 1:00 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tireesix
Went as expected.

The guy was incredibly rude (eye rolling and huffing from the outset, butting in), I barely got to say anything.

So it kinda sucks but it is done.
Lesson learned.

Forget about the USA for the next few years and try to get your acquaintances to meet you on neutral ground (Canada maybe).
Old Aug 11th 2018, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Fred16
Dont take it personally or let it dwell on your mind as it will consume your life

Look for an alternative destination for vacation
Alternative destination is a no go, as I said before, what was there is not available elsewhere. It was not a "typical" holiday. I'll just try again in a few months.
Old Aug 11th 2018, 1:03 pm
Account Closed

Alternative destination is a no go, as I said before, what was there is not available elsewhere. It was not a "typical" holiday. I'll just try again in a few months.
Don't do that. You will almost certainly be denied again.

Forget the USA. You won't be getting permission to visit there for a good few years.
Old Aug 11th 2018, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

Don't do that. You will almost certainly be denied again.

Forget the USA. You won't be getting permission to visit there for a good few years.
A good few years? For a B visa? Thats not what the guy said yesterday.
Old Aug 11th 2018, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Fred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to all

Think mid 2021 for a next try
You have a visa denial and refused entry
Old Aug 11th 2018, 1:15 pm
Account Closed

A good few years? For a B visa? Thats not what the guy said yesterday.
Don't automatically believe everything that a consular official tells you. They can pretty much say anything, good or bad, with total impunity.

You are making a massive mistake if you apply for another visa in a few months time. In your situation, I'd personally be looking at 3 years at least before trying ESTA again (declaring this visa denial) and probably more like 5 years.

In that time, I'd be trying very hard to improve my ties to the UK by holding down a stable job etc. Unfortunately, you now have an uphill battle to convince the US authorities that you are trustworthy enough to be allowed in.

It isn't a battle you can win in a simple matter of months.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.