Denial???

Old Aug 20th 2003, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

jg1012002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Denial???

I'm also wondering what to put down on the "Have you ever been denied a visa before" on the next application nor any form to that effect.

They didn't stamp him as deny.......just said they are not revalidating the petition but are returning it to BCIS for revalidation /reconsideration.

So does anyone know the answer? And if you know the answer, please share it.
Old Aug 20th 2003, 10:58 pm
sph
Forum Regular

sph is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Denial???

Originally posted by jg1012002
I'm also wondering what to put down on the "Have you ever been denied a visa before" on the next application nor any form to that effect.

They didn't stamp him as deny.......just said they are not revalidating the petition but are returning it to BCIS for revalidation /reconsideration.

I think it's not really denial, because when they deny they are supposed to state it clearly and under which section of the law. However, knowing immigration, it may be a good idea to tick NO, but also write an explanation of the situation
Old Aug 21st 2003, 1:48 pm
Michael

Hi Folks,

I was refused a tourist visa abt an year and half back, reason that i
didnt demonstrate sufficient ties to the place i live, which is not my
native country.

Hence i should answer 'yes' to the following question right?

"Have you ever been denied a visa before"

God bless u all.

Warm regards,
Michael.

sph <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Originally posted by jg1012002
    >
    > > I'm also wondering what to put down on the "Have you ever been denied
    > > a visa before" on the next application nor any form to that effect.
    >
    > >
    >
    > > They didn't stamp him as deny.......just said they are not
    > > revalidating the petition but are returning it to BCIS for
    > > revalidation /reconsideration.
    >
    > >
    >
    > > So does anyone know the answer? And if you know the answer, please
    > > share it.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I think it's not really denial, because when they deny they are supposed
    > to state it clearly and under which section of the law. However, knowing
    > immigration, it may be a good idea to tick NO, but also write an
    > explanation of the situation

Old Aug 21st 2003, 9:22 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jg1012002

Hi:

If you go in for your interview and the visa is not granted, then there is a "denial". In your case there was a "denial". Other than actual "Immigrant Visas" you don't get a refusal sheet.

The refusal sheets will contain a section of law and then a short cryptic statement of why it was refused.

It looks like here that your beloved was given the reason orally. The section of law would be "221(g)" which is simply that the ConOff wasn't satisfied you qualified.
Old Aug 21st 2003, 9:24 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Michael
Hi Folks,

I was refused a tourist visa abt an year and half back, reason that i
didnt demonstrate sufficient ties to the place i live, which is not my
native country.

Hence i should answer 'yes' to the following question right?

"Have you ever been denied a visa before"

God bless u all.

Warm regards,
Michael.

sph <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Originally posted by jg1012002
    >
    > > I'm also wondering what to put down on the "Have you ever been denied
    > > a visa before" on the next application nor any form to that effect.
    >
    > >
    >
    > > They didn't stamp him as deny.......just said they are not
    > > revalidating the petition but are returning it to BCIS for
    > > revalidation /reconsideration.
    >
    > >
    >
    > > So does anyone know the answer? And if you know the answer, please
    > > share it.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I think it's not really denial, because when they deny they are supposed
    > to state it clearly and under which section of the law. However, knowing
    > immigration, it may be a good idea to tick NO, but also write an
    > explanation of the situation

Hi:

Yes, you would have to disclose it. Your refusal was under either 214(b) or 221(g) -- and it is a fairly innoucuous denial.

Its the 212(a) denials that can be deadly -- especially 212(a)(2) or 212(a)(6).
Old Aug 21st 2003, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Mr. Folinsky.

I have been reading some posts where the embassy says the petition was returned to INS but the citizen went in to the embassy anyway and it turned out they got the visa. Then last night I was reading that if you are denied you have a year to go back and submit proof.

Would it be prudent to go to the embassy before we get married to talk with them?
Old Aug 21st 2003, 11:41 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default 22

Well in that case I have been denied 2 times, a tourist and a student visa because they said I didn't demonstrate sufficient ties to my home country, I showed evidence such as: My parents taxes, Family book (Showing I have 3 brothers and 2 sisters, a dad and a mom), Legal documents where is states my parents have 3 houses. I see what the problem was.. I WASN'T THE OWNER OF THE 3 HOUSES, OR THE TAXES REPORT.. well It is kind of hard to show you have ties in your home country when you are 22 years old..
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 9:27 am

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

right?
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

BeachBunny is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Yes, you would have to disclose it. Your refusal was under either 214(b) or 221(g) -- and it is a fairly innoucuous denial.

Its the 212(a) denials that can be deadly -- especially 212(a)(2) or 212(a)(6).

Whew! I got scared for a minute there... I just looked and "D" didn't write either one of those in Leight's passport!
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 11:56 pm
Here we go Pittsburgh!

ukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 22

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Well in that case I have been denied 2 times, a tourist and a student visa because they said I didn't demonstrate sufficient ties to my home country, I showed evidence such as: My parents taxes, Family book (Showing I have 3 brothers and 2 sisters, a dad and a mom), Legal documents where is states my parents have 3 houses. I see what the problem was.. I WASN'T THE OWNER OF THE 3 HOUSES, OR THE TAXES REPORT.. well It is kind of hard to show you have ties in your home country when you are 22 years old..
Tell me something: when you told them you had 3 brothers and 2 sisters, a dad and a mom, how exactly was that supposed to demonstrate ties to your home country? What thought process were you following? I have the same, and live here in the US - they are in the UK. The fact that they are there and I am here means nothing.

Just curious....
Old Aug 23rd 2003, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

Some people think showing they have strong family ties with their home countries proves they will return.

However, on the flip side, the embassy sees it as a good reason for you to get to US and send money back home.

Just my opinions of course.
Old Aug 23rd 2003, 9:38 am

Default Home country

Well my family owns a company.. so I showed that as a proof of me returning to my home country too..
Ukemigrant.. I showed proof of me having a big family because They are very important ( to me).. That is a good reason to come back..
Old Aug 23rd 2003, 9:40 am

Default Never got a D

I never got a D from denial in my passport though
Old Aug 23rd 2003, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

My fiance did not get a denial in his passport either. That was why I was somewhat confused as to whether it was an actual denial or not.